Skoda yeti FL 1.4tsi 122hk

VonReichel

Has it camchain or cambelt?

If that end is all metal it's a sealed chain

A 'conventional' belt is indicated by a black plastic cover.

However modern belts now run in an oil bath which is meant to last the standard lifespan of the engine.......undefined AFAIK.

Hi.

Okej, i know that vag have had problem with the 1.4 petrol camchain but after 2014 they changed to cambelt.

Seen yetis with the 1.4L 122hk from 2011 to 2014.

Thinking of bying a petrol but dont want any problem.

Hi.

Okej, i know that vag have had problem with the 1.4 petrol camchain but after 2014 they changed to cambelt.

Seen yetis with the 1.4L 122hk from 2011 to 2014.

Thinking of bying a petrol but dont want any problem.

I think the new ones will be fine and the older ones (1.2?) a 'know' problem subject to a fix IIRC

Unfortunately, there are well documented excessive oil consumption issues with some VAG 1.8 petrol engines, something that started to afflict mine not long before i traded it in.

My 1.8 pulled better from low revs than my 1.4 (more torque low down - much better when towing) and seemed to keep accelerating for longer at higher revs, but once the 1.4 turbo cuts in, you get a much more pronounced shove in the back. And of course, the 1.4 is more economical and (in my view) quieter.

Edited by speedsport

Depends on the year, EA111.4 tsi cam chain revised/sorted after 2012 , latest Yetis have EA211 totally different cam belt engine

With any cam chain engine - regular oil changes crucial - 10k servicing for me!

Economy, refinement (silent at tickover, usually hear the engine of the car behind me!) and performance all good on my 1.4tsi

Edited by bigjohn
  • Like 1