Roomster 1.9 TDI 2008 - Problem with Door Wiring Loom

Hi,

My Roomy has got the the dreaded hazard flashing lights problem, which means that the car thinks someone is trying to break into the car even when that is very unlikely, eg when driving down the A31.

So far I have put a new Micro switch in the Door Locking Module, which improved but didn't cure things. So I then peeled back the rubber boot that houses all the electrical connections between the Driver's door and the rest of the car. Horror of horrors, 2 wires completely broken, and three more with insulation that has been stripped bare.

So I have this afternoon and despite the freezing temperature, extracted the Wiring Loom from the Driver's door out and have it on my lap.

Checked  eBay who seem to have many many wiring harnesses but not the one that I need (Part No 5J0 971 120 DL), hence can anyone advise on the following

1) if marginal differences between these harnesses will make much difference,

2) where I can find the exact part,

3) or whether its best to repair the one that I have. 

Any suggestions, favourably received. 

Chris 

I had exactly the same issue. If you unscrew the inside door handle and pull the door card off then the part number is written on the white label attached to your current loom. You can't go wrong that way.

You can live without the door card while you order your new loom, I did and was opening the door by pulling the cable that normally attaches to the pull handle.

Remember to buy new door card clips as they always snap when pulling the door card off and 4 pop rivets for the speaker.

I was sent the wrong loom initially when the garage went by year and it had the wrong window motor connector. My November 2007 model was built during a motor type change and only has a single connector.

Regarding repair they normally break cores deep in the door hinge gaitor and hard to get at.

I just re-read your message, that will teach me to browse on my phone. So you know the part number. I often get my bits from Craig Jones       [email protected]      He has always been able to supply any part for my car.

Out of interest when I got my bits in December 2015 they cost, Door Loom £92.51, 10 Door Clips £8.21, 4 speaker rivets £1.94.  I guess prices would of changed but it a guide to what your looking at.

• 1 year later...

Thanks Aubry,

Much appreciated. I did get the correct loom from Skoda, but still have a problem in that all four indicators start to flash when I am driving along. I have pressed and prodded the new wiring loom where it enters the drivers door but cannot get the alarm to go off that way.

Incidentally I found I didn't need to take out the speaker to get the new loom in, just tie a shoe lace to end of the old loom, and use this to pull in the new loom in.   

The alarm seems to be affected by vibration/bumps in the road, as the alarm will just go off as I am driving along.

Any suggestions welcomed on how to track down the cause of this exasperating problem.    

At the end of the day, the Sun goes down, but it also enabled me to find the cause of the problem which had nothing to do with exposed insulation in door/hatch wiring looms (although I did find some), nor recalcitrant Door Locking modules.

This time it was a simple problem. The Bonnet latch was giving an intermittent signal to the Alarm system, hence the car would alarm when it felt like really, eg on the A31, or on the drive at 4 in the morning.

My thanks to Aubry and to damianVRS,  I just dissed off the connector, wrapped it in tape, and tucked it out of the way.

Job done until the next issue.