Kodiaq Owners Register

BoxerBoy

Don't **** about about here about "I wish" - "I want" - I dream"

Who's put their money where their mouth is??

Me - SEL 190 4x4 DSG Quartz Grey. Plus a few extras. Due April.

Please only post when you actually have the car

Edited by Gizmo68
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, BoxerBoy said:

In fairness to the OP - oh that was me - the original thread carried a different title but was morphed into this thread by others.

But on topic again - I pulled off the forecourt in Glasgow at around 1045h.

One happy bear.

55 miles later enjoying lunch.

Dash reading 40+ mpg so that'll do for a start.

IMG_5263.JPG

IMG_5264.JPG

Is that really your reg or a mock up?

Just a normal Scottish show plate :) - hundreds of SK plates around these parts.

3 keys come with extra "Personalisation of drive mode selection (8QG)" - allows dash settings for 3 different (named) drivers and would set electric seats if you had any.

Not having seen a proper brochure up front, I was pleased to find a few unexpected items:

Double glove box with separate upper and lower compartments.

Lots of buttons on centre console near gear shifter for off-road mode, electric parking brake, auto hold function.

There's even a good old CD slot hiding by the 2 SD slots.

I need some tweaks for the tri-zone climate control and hot steering wheel configuration.

Came home the long way around 150 miles and enjoyed how 190 diesel horses and grunt make it very easy to overtake on A roads, while 70 is barely 2,000 RPM. It sure purrs along quietly and handles well enough on a mix of roads.

Haven't been for a night drive, but the new lights are stunning to look at.

The 2 umbrellas make everyone smile.

And the grandchildren enjoyed clambering over all the seats and playing with the powered tailgate.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BoxerBoy said:

And the grandchildren enjoyed clambering over all the seats and playing with the powered tailgate.

I assume the tailgate still does not close from the button near the gearstick?

1 hour ago, Gizmo68 said:

I assume the tailgate still does not close from the button near the gearstick?

The one I looked at had a tailgate button on the drivers door, near the speaker / bin area, as well as the one on the tailgate.

• Thanks 1

I must admit I did not pay attention to its location at the VIP event. 

Would still be interested to hear if it will close the tailgate though (I doubt it as no Skoda model so far has come from the factory being coded to do this) 

I will be surprised if you can close the tailgate without paying attention (sitting in driver's seat with your back facing the tailgate). That's a potential safety issue.

Edited by bigboss

There shouldn't be any safety issue providing common sense and attention is being applied, you also get warning beeps as it closes and there are sensors that are meant to stop the tailgate closing if there is an obstacle in its path. 

• Like 1

The one I looked at DID close the tailgate from the driver's door. I didn't think it would. I thought it would only open it. It does give out a warning sound before it closes but I didn't think it was overly loud.

• Like 1

Still waiting to hear if the passenger seat folds flat when you don't have electric seats

But hey, test driving one later so will find out myself

13 hours ago, Bignij said:

The one I looked at DID close the tailgate from the driver's door. I didn't think it would. I thought it would only open it. It does give out a warning sound before it closes but I didn't think it was overly loud.

I concur.

The driver's door button moves in one way only (you pull it). Initially it opens the tailgate. One more pull and it stops. And will stop/start till tailgate is open.

Thereafter you can HOLD the button to close the tailgate. Releasing the button stops the closing movement. And so on til th etailgate is closd and the dash warning lamp goes out.

At the rear, you can grab the tailgate at any time when it's moving and it will stop.

The "under bumper waving leg" switch is not yet impressing me as it is quite difficult to open/close at the first attempt.

I've looked underneath and cannot see exactly where the sensor is. I'm hoping things improve with practice.

Maybe I should ask a child to try it :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, BoxerBoy said:

I concur.

The driver's door button moves in one way only (you pull it). Initially it opens the tailgate. One more pull and it stops. And will stop/start till tailgate is open.

Thereafter you can HOLD the button to close the tailgate. Releasing the button stops the closing movement. And so on til th etailgate is closd and the dash warning lamp goes out.

At the rear, you can grab the tailgate at any time when it's moving and it will stop.

The "under bumper waving leg" switch is not yet impressing me as it is quite difficult to open/close at the first attempt.

I've looked underneath and cannot see exactly where the sensor is. I'm hoping things improve with practice.

Maybe I should ask a child to try it :)

Thanks, looks like they have seen sense then!

Persevere with the ‘virtual pedal’ as once mastered (it’s not difficult... just kick forwards with a normal kick and wait a second and it will open) it’s great.

2 hours ago, CheshireBumpkin said:

I was expecting loads of pictures of new Kodiaqs being driven off forecourts this weekend - what's happened? First UK handovers were a few days ago weren't they?

They are all tearing around for the weekend with goofy, **** eating grins on their faces, looking down on the roofs of our Superb Estates. Buggers!  ;)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheRobinK said:

They are all tearing around for the weekend with goofy, **** eating grins on their faces, looking down on the roofs of our Superb Estates. Buggers!  ;)

Haha! I was looking forward to seeing one in the flesh!

7 hours ago, TheRobinK said:

Indeed, we are! :)

• Like 1

@erniem About the folding passenger seat. In Finland we get to choose from four trim levels; Active, Ambition, Style and Exclusive. The flat folding passenger seat is an optional extra ONLY on Ambition. Style and Exclusive include electric front seats, which effectively removes the possibility of having a folding passenger seat. This is a bit annoying. I wish it was possible to have only the driver's seat electric, as it is in Germany, if I remember correctly.

Edited by FinnFred

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/14/2017 at 17:24, FinnFred said:

@erniem About the folding passenger seat. In Finland we get to choose from four trim levels; Active, Ambition, Style and Exclusive. The flat folding passenger seat is an optional extra ONLY on Ambition. Style and Exclusive include electric front seats, which effectively removes the possibility of having a folding passenger seat. This is a bit annoying. I wish it was possible to have only the driver's seat electric, as it is in Germany, if I remember correctly.

@FinnFredThank you , due to get my car on the 15th May, it's a shame about the fold flat as that's why I did not go for electric, but I'll cope

• 2 weeks later...

A new topic would be good,

& also a Kodiaq Owners Register with Owners registering like in the other BRISKODA Owners Registers.

Where you can see peoples vehicles and what options they went with.

• Like 1