RHS chrome exhaust trim

Hi,

I've just had a stainless steel exhaust custom built on my TDi - my OCD couldn't stand the dummy RHS look (debated in another thread elsewhere I believe...)

Anyway, the LHS looks spot on and I'm happy with that. I do have a little issue with the RHS though.

On the TDi the chrome exhaust trims are not matched, the one on the LHS has a lot more depth to it - I guess to collect the emissions effectively. The RHS however is quite shallow and you can see right through it to the new exhaust.

Could someone clarify if the petrol VRS's have matching trims - i.e. the RHS has the same depth as the LHS.

If so, I can try to source one of these just to satisfy my OCD and need for symmetry! (If anyone has a spare one after upgrading their exhaust let me know what you'd like for it)

Thanks.

• Like 1

Thanks Petunet,

That is probably the easiest fix for me. Doesn't need to be too neat, just cut out some of the light shining through. 

Now I can start thinking about my remap....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/01/2017 at 18:26, AlanH31 said:

Hi,

I've just had a stainless steel exhaust custom built on my TDi - my OCD couldn't stand the dummy RHS look (debated in another thread elsewhere I believe...)

Anyway, the LHS looks spot on and I'm happy with that. I do have a little issue with the RHS though.

On the TDi the chrome exhaust trims are not matched, the one on the LHS has a lot more depth to it - I guess to collect the emissions effectively. The RHS however is quite shallow and you can see right through it to the new exhaust.

Could someone clarify if the petrol VRS's have matching trims - i.e. the RHS has the same depth as the LHS.

If so, I can try to source one of these just to satisfy my OCD and need for symmetry! (If anyone has a spare one after upgrading their exhaust let me know what you'd like for it)

Thanks.

Can I be cheeky and ask how much this cost?  I'm looking at doing the same with my vRS.

I paid £450 - but it's a friend of a friend so got a good deal. Was quoted nearer £600 from a different place. Removed back box from LHS, placed new cylindrical resonated box in centre channel (placed roughly under where the handbrake is), split into two and lined up with each exit.

Been a few cold mornings and I'm glad to see smoke from either side...

Not changed driving style and my average mpg (weekly 260 miles) has gone up from 51 - 52.5mpg.