I'm back in the Skoda family!

Hi all! Yay! I'm back with a Skoda after a 2 year break away.

I had a 2013 Octavia which I sold for a new (at the time) 2015 Mercedes C class C250 AMG line premium plus.

The Mercedes went late last year after a huge falling out with my dealer and I've been car less for 4 months (by choice). The wife is going to have a new Golf later this year so I decided to buy myself the "cheaper" run around. (A swap around to how we normally do things)

I knew exactly where to go for good value. Skoda!

I'm now a proud owner of a used 2015 Fabia 1.0 60 S in race blue. I love it.

Obviously plenty may think I've gone mad to of gone from a C class to a fabia (raised a few Neighbour's eyebrows and twitched a few curtains), I know I've done the right thing for me though.

I only need a small car for local runs and the Fabia is perfect, nippy enough, plenty of room and being an S model, less to go wrong! I'll be able to use wife's Golf on longer runs if need be.

Trying to get used to people being nicer to me on the road, they used to see that Mercedes badge and that was it, never allowed out at junctions etc, lol.

I got a great deal at my local Skoda dealer and squeezed the maximum out of the deal.

Only problem I've found so far is a door seal with a tiny split in it causing wind noise and the washer fluid has gone off and stinks. Minor issues to resolve.

So good to be back. I've missed you Skoda.

• Like 1

Welcome.I think they call it going back to basics. Guess it's quite refreshing to by driving a comparatively simple car?

Thanks, yes liking the simplicity of it all. The wife has driven it without no input from me. No sea of buttons to confuse the hell out of her. Even my kids like it, I think because they sit quite high above the window line and get a good view out. I'm already achieving 50+ mpg by adjusting my driving style to a relaxed get there eventually attitude. I would usually do online food shopping, but for the first time in years went food shopping by car as the Fabia doesn't sit in a supermarket car park and rub people up the wrong way. The boot is surprisingly roomy and it gobbled up a weeks worth of shopping with ease.

I've fitted the dash cam over the weekend, altered the power socket to ignition live, fitted front and rear mudflaps, new headlamp/sidelight bulbs, boot mat, boot nets, boot divider, touched in a few tiny stone chips with a touch up stick and sprayed some spare supagard upholstery protector on the seat backs and new textile mats.

Just a rear bumper/boot protector and door sill protectors to fit when warmer weather arrives!