Buying 2017 Superb Estate 190ps DSG L&K

Hello Everyone,

New here. Intending on buying Superb Estate 2L 190ps DSG L&K within the next few days, and have to confess I am a little confused by some of the options, and if they have additional hardware or are just options that are activated/deactivated by the supplier. Also seems to be various Communication Options that either cross over or are a bit pointless.

Getting DSG Paddles

Crew Protection + Side Airbags

Spare Wheel

Rear View Camera

Smart Light Assist

Travel Assist with Sign Recognition

Heated Washer Nozzles

Tow Bar

I am considering the Wireless Charging Phonebox with Bluetooth and Wifi tethering but I am concerned about the position affecting the GPS signal, also Columbus says it already comes with integrated Wifi tethering. It says it boosts phone signal but no mention of GPS. If all it gives me is wireless charging then I have a pad I can fit into the storage compartment under the front arm rest.

Next SmartGate and Media Command, was going to get these, but went to see a dealer today and not sure what they do or what the point of them is? If they aren't going to give me any real additional functionality, seem to just be gimics? Or if Media Command is a switch on/off setting that a am paying £80 for someone to do.

WOW. Thanks for all the info. Looks like I will be sitting in the car with my laptop figuring it all out.

A girl at work that is a bit of a car buff has offered to come with me to collect the car. I think I will be taking her up on her offer. She rejected her first three Range Rover Evokes due to paint and bodywork defects, probably a bit unlucky, but she will inspect it with a fine tooth comb.

Looks like it is a bit of a lottery with the GPS functionality. Ordered the car with everything, as for the cost of a few tanks of fuels easier to get, and some I know can't be added later.

The GPS issue is with the heated windscreen as it uses a metal film and not wires and so it seems to cause problems for some screen mounted sat navs.

I have both the heated windscreen and the phonebox and using Maps on an iPhone via CarPlay with the iPhone in the Phonebox has never been a problem (though I still prefer using the Columbus navigation). As for signal boost, I've noticed a gain of about 1 signal bar between having the iPhone in my pocket and putting it in the Phonebox tray. Not spectacular but better than nothing if driving in a poor signal area.

I have Media Command and it is a gimmick unless you're operating the car as a chauffeur or are willing to put your ears at the mercy of the kids. The audio control is fine but the satnav part of the app uses google maps and requires internet access to work. Probably not a problem if you have the SIM Card option, which I don't, but trying to use a tethered phone as your internet access is a nightmare. Media Command is an infotainment firmware setting and can't be retrospectively coded.