Fitting rear speakers

Hi everyone. I'm thinking of fitting rear speakers to my felly hatch. Is there anywhere in the rear door deep enough to fit some 4 inch speakers? Thinking of hole sawing a hole out and mounting them somewhere.

Thanks

There isn't enough room inside but you might fit something custom made, similar to front doors.

Was thinking that myself when looking. Good shout on the custom made pods, similar to the fronts. Wonder if I could cut up a pair of fronts to fit?

RicardoM, do you know where exactly the wires come out at the back by the panels?

Thanks as usual :thumbup:

Sorry I meant where do they come out for the rear speakers? As in, where are the wires run too? And how far do they require extending?

Thanks RicardoM!

Hi there the rear speaker wires are in the kick panels on brown plugs into broke a estate and have some wires the will plug in them long enough to reach the parcel shelf

There's a the brown plug for the rear speakers... its the one at bottom near the relays excuse the the rest off the wires that's all the extras....

FB_IMG_1485203310365.jpg

Edited by uma1998
Added more info

That wiring mess explains a lot...

Sheffy

Since you don't have a Felicia estate, the wiring for the rear speakers is not present. On Felicia hatchback the wiring for the rear speakers goes only as far as the A pillar (see photos - 2-pin brown connectors). I think the photos are from TeflonTom's car.

SxHfcxR.jpg

Atd7Cud.jpg

There's the brown plug for the rear speakers... excuse the the rest off the wires that's all the extras.... heated seats abs 4 electric windows... leaking screen hence mess hand built not your average felicia any ways... as above that's what I am on about it have the wires removed from a L&K if you wanted a plug and play option for your rear speakers... all UK cars have the same loom unless it's a abs model 

Edited by uma1998

I think you'll struggle to fit anything in the rear doors without a fair bit of modification. The window winder takes up a lot of space and the available space is shut against the seat so the sound will be muffled. I suppose you could remove the ashtray and bring the speaker out but that would infiltrate the footwell.

You're best off trying to put some 6x9 in the parcel shelf if you can. I didn't in mine cause I take the shelf out a lot but I fitted some in the boot where the rear lights go

Just some pointers but would like to see if you can make anything of the rear doors!

• Like 1

I too thought of shallow mount fitting speakers in the ashtray in some bodgey custom manner. Will keep you updated on this.

May end up reinforcing the parcel shelf and adding some 6x9s. Got two subs already so may be overkill though. Just need more mid volume. 

The parcel shelf rear speakers installation has been done to death. After cutting the shelf people realize what mistake they did and start searching for whole ones with almost zero chance to find one...

On 05/02/2017 at 00:26, RicardoM said:

The parcel shelf rear speakers installation has been done to death. After cutting the shelf people realize what mistake they did and start searching for whole ones with almost zero chance to find one...

I was thinking stealth install. Why would they think it was a mistake? And where else would they fit?

7 minutes ago, Sheffy said:

Why would they think it was a mistake? And where else would they fit?

You probably won't think it's a mistake, after all it's your car and your money. Having already installed a sub, I'm assuming that you enjoy a certain quality/loundess to your music, something that a pair of shallow speakers (if you can find them) probably won't ever give you. If you've got a sub, then you've already got a known route fo the cable (which is always the worst part). A Skoda Felicia has the accoustic properties of Stonehenge, *anything* that can be done to improve them is worthwhile.

The only relevant advice before cutting the shelf is simple: measure twice, cut once.

There are some who believe that everything *must* be as it came from the factory and must never ever be changed, so no cutting holes in parcel shelves, or replacing the "priceless" cassette units with newer units with more recent technology. (You do have to wonder what these "purists" listen to on their nigh-on 30 year-old in car entertainment "systems", and what do they do when the unit fails completely - does it get left in and add to the whole "ownership experience" thing?)

At the end of the day, it is your money and your car, and the only opinion that counts is yours. ;)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RainbowFire said:

The only relevant advice before cutting the shelf is simple: measure twice, cut once.

Thanks for that. Learnt this the hard way a couple of times with various things!

Edited by Sheffy
  • Like 1

RainbowFire

I see you keep failing to understand that we can live without your lame personal attacks. You are totally absent when people need technical advice, yet you don't lose any opportunity to spread your infantile ironies. You continue looking for trouble, you're a troublemaker for years. On this forum when somebody is looking for trouble, sooner or later they will find it.

Sheffy

I thought you want something different (that needs some work and ingenuity). I guess you're not.

Edited by RicardoM

It's funny, I'm sure I almost felt a familiar chilly breeze for a moment, but then i realised, I'd found the "You've chosen to ignore content by RicardoM. " button :) and, moreover, that Briskoda is also a "Community" not a cold, unfeeling, technical forum, where one person thinks only their "opinion" counts. :)

Damn. :):)

Please spare me of that old "cold, unfeeling, technical forum" heartache you keep mentioning for years. People are happy and thankful to get help for their beloved cars. I'm not too sure they need emotional comfort, chitchats or your 'ironies'. I think there are pubs or shrinks for that.

Furthermore, nothing stopped you from intervening in any discussion, in any topic. Any adult that has enough knowledge should be able to withstand a debate and to defend their opinion with technical arguments in a respectful manner. What you forget conveniently is that in order to expose a useful opinion, one has to do the hard work of research and presentation in a methodical (often visual) manner using data as accurate as possible. People seem to like that, judging by the kind words in public topics and also in private conversations. Should I remind you also that English is not my native language?

Edited by RicardoM

If that was for me, I'm so very sorry Ricky, old boy, I missed it.

All I see is: "You've chosen to ignore content by RicardoM"......after all that is what you wanted after *that* PM from John, wasn't it? :):)

Edited by RainbowFire

Anyway... Back onto the topic at hand, I may see if there's a way of fitting my pair of 5x7"s in the ashtrays with some serious modifying. Would look ghetto for the time being but would save cutting the parcel shelf. 

Still think stealth install on parcel shelf will be the most likely of options.

53 minutes ago, RainbowFire said:

Can you define "stealth install"........

I believe it's when you fit the speakers to the parcel shelf but you leave material over the holes so it just looks like a normal parcel shelf...

• Like 1

Any ways parts are always available and hole cars cheap well in the UK we like to be all to are own... some like music and big subs 6x9s. Fast Cars WOMAN WITH BIG TITS I like the felicia so bad that I have a quick one and a fun have  hand built to my own... proberly the only air conditioning fun too I like to strip them bare crash them I tell ya what i dislike RicardoM... what **** you always reply about what we wanna do to them we are the UK and are laws are different... Like I said each to there own...

On subject off rear speakers in the felicia... I have 4 6x9 in my felicia well the exausts that loud... I need music to drown it out... aways here for advice Sheffy