Fitting rear speakers

On Sunday, February 05, 2017 at 00:26, RicardoM said:

The parcel shelf rear speakers installation has been done to death. After cutting the shelf people realize what mistake they did and start searching for whole ones with almost zero chance to find one...

Each to or own

9 hours ago, nu99et18 said:

I believe it's when you fit the speakers to the parcel shelf but you leave material over the holes so it just looks like a normal parcel shelf...

Thanks. I had that feeling, but it's always nice to check. :)

I would maybe go for a "pepper-pot" effect for a stealth install. Shelves of that age are rarely in a pristine/showroom condition, so there'll be 20 years of fluff and stuff to hide the holes in. Mount the speakers under the shelf instead of on top, and away you go.

I think I'd probably also install something like a thin neoprene strip where the shelf sits on its edges, to remove any vibration buzz that would be generated. Worked a treat on the Truckman on the Fun truck :)

• Like 1

Felicia parcel-shelf (new in a bag).........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-BRAND-NEW-SKODA-FELICIA-1995-2001-PARCEL-SHELF-6U98677695SE-/361853885871?hash=item54402c1daf:g:nRsAAOSwjXRXcSSl

....£35 or Best Offer. Not bad, IMHO. With free UK postage too (although international postage is extra.)

There's another one on there for £9 too.

Not bad for something that some people would have you believe that you have "almost zero chance to find one..." I found two!

Edited by RainbowFire
  • Like 2

I was looking at the angled edge closest to the rear tailgate glass. I think the speaker's would fit perfectly here and the angle should help acoustically.