Eagle F1 AS2 - how many miles did you get?

LordRaiden84

Hey all

If anything, I'm just after a bit of a comparison as I want to see if it's similar to anyone else. Ok, so got the AS2's fitted April 2015 with approx 59K on the clock and have found them to be superb runners.

Fast forward to Dec 2016 when my Octy VRS had it's recent MOT where the tyres were recorded with 4mm fronts and 6mm rears. Currently done 72kish miles.

Would you say for the time the tyres have been on and the mileage over a 21 month period is a fair wear rate?

If you can remember, what did you get out of them before they needed changing and did you have the rears put on the front during it's life cycle?

Also, did you stick with the AS2's or move on?

Cheers.

Blimey that is good wear! I got 14.5K out of a set on the front of a 1.8TSI Superb Twindoor. I was happy with that as the PS3s lasted 12k miles. If anything I was harder on the F1A2 than the PS3. 

I also used to get less than 10k miles out of a front set of tyres on my previous PD140 Octavia. When I got 10.5K out of a set of Hankook V12s, I was over the moon :D

21 roundabouts each way to work and back do tend to scrub tyres some what....

• Like 1

On 28/01/2017 at 12:54, LordRaiden84 said:

Thanks for the feedback mate. Do you think I should get the AS3's when these are due replacement?

Only downside I hear is a next to no rim protector though.

I had the AS3's on my mk2 Fabia vRS and I thought they were excellent and did definitely have rim protection. The sidewall definitely sticks out a bit more, and helped prevent more kerb marks. As Nathanio said above, they're great tyres. I want to get a set on my new car once the awful Pirelli P Zero Nero's wear down, but as the wheels are 19's they're going to cost me about £160 a corner :crying: 

Thanks for the replies Nathanio & MillsyVRS. Well, that being said I will seriously look into a set of AS3's when the time comes. Sorry to ask again but wasn't answered prior. Did either of you at any point swap the fronts for the rears or just keep them as is until they were due replacement?

On 29/01/2017 at 20:53, LordRaiden84 said:

Thanks for the replies Nathanio & MillsyVRS. Well, that being said I will seriously look into a set of AS3's when the time comes. Sorry to ask again but wasn't answered prior. Did either of you at any point swap the fronts for the rears or just keep them as is until they were due replacement?

First set were all 4 done at once. After that I wore the fronts down and moved the rears up and new on the rears. I got 14.5k out of the first front set and got rid of the car before I had to do a third pair. I can't remember what the rear->front set achieved