Recommend retrofit Bluetooth Skoda Yeti

trambly71

Hi folks,

Okay I know there are already some posts on this subject but as things move on there are different ways of doing things and new kit out there.

So I  would like to retro-fit a Bluetooth module to my girlfriend's Yeti 1.2 TFSi (2012 year) which has the Bolero radio system with the autochanger.  I fitted a simple system ( Yatour YT-BTA unit ) to my Audi A4 RNS-E that allows me streaming from my phone and receive calls  - that unit won't do telephone calls via the steering wheel but I can change streamed music tracks and adjust volume from the steering wheel.  This unit was connected to the CD auto changer of course.

Her Yeti is one down from Elegance trim January 2012.

So is there a system around the £100 mark that I could fit that would allow Bluetooth connection and steering wheel controls.   I don't have a tool to do any car software changes and have never even done this so if possible I would prefer to avoid this -  not even sure what a tool would cost or what is recommended for amateurs.   Anyway I'm looking for a hidden away unit  -  The Skoda OEM Bluetooth unit is a bit troublesome to fit and too expensive.  The Fisken system is decent looking but too expensive for her and of course the car software needs modifying.

Any recommendations or ideas that forum members have tried and found to work?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

This was something I saw that looked interesting - any opinions?

Wiring Harness Kit For VW RCD510 Retrofiting Bluetooth No Splicing Straight Plug   -   seen on Aliexpress.com

Isn't there a tech section that may get more help for you?.

Thanks for that.  I'm new to the forum so I hadn't spotted that.  I'll post my request there.