Checks and Advice Upon Delivery

jimbob2405

Hi All, 

Next Tuesday (31st) I take delivery of my 1.4TSI 150bhp L&K in Quartz Grey. Its being delivered to me on a trailer. I have a couple of questions im hoping you can help me with, i think i have a relatively good idea but im bound to overlook something pretty obvious. 

1. What kind of checks do I need to do upon delivery of the vehicle? (The vehicle is on a 2 year personal hire contract if that helps). 

2. Basically, how do I drive a vehicle with a brand new engine in it? The car will arrive with likely less than 10 miles on the clock and i dont want to damage it by driving like a plonker. 

Also, anything else you can think of!

Many thanks,

Jim

I'd think that the normal routine things to check would be all the liquid levels, tyre pressures, the usual checks that you'd do in picking up any new car, bodywork, internal fittings etc.  I'd also check the function of the radio, sat nav and general electrics, lights etc.

There has been a thread on running in a new car recently but the most common advice is drive it normally but without stress i.e., hard acceleration and over revving.

Just enjoy the car and don't worry too much would be my advice! :) 

I would add that if it arrives uncovered on a open trailer that you write on the documation that you are collecting the car unable to carry out an external examination and can take no responsibility for any damage.  

Great advice. Thanks guys. Falmouthboy thats a very good point and ill be sure to make note of that if the car is delivered uncovered, as i expect it will. 

Just thought of another question:

- Will the car come with mats? I've not been told either way. 

Pretty sure that the L & K spec does include mats, I'm waiting on pretty much the same car as you, could have got it at the start of February but keeping the Octavia for one more month and getting mine at the start of March. It dawned on me that if I get my next few cars contract hire that because this car is a few months late in arriving, then every other new car after that would be delivered on the last month of the old registration number in February, which doesn't matter hugely when you're on contract hire but may as well get the new number and new car together if I can!

2 minutes ago, GreenlineIIEstate said:

L&K should come with mats.

Make sure the sat nav memory card is present.

The Satnav SD card is a very good point.  I was told that it's sent to the dealer independently of the car to prevent it going 'missing'.  When I picked up my car I seem to recall it being in an envelope addressed to the dealer.

The mats are the carpet type.  Nice car, and they look a very good deal on PCH.

Great shout about the SD card. Ill write myself a checklist of everything I need to check on delivery. 

Amazing deal on PCH. £2000 depost followed by 23 payments of £121. Works out at £4800 over the term, based on 8k per year mileage. I simply couldn't say no!

Thanks all