Fabia 3 Montecarlo Estate

Puncture on 2 week old car. Very difficult to source the same 215/40 R17 87H tyre fitted to Montecarlo Estate. Skoda quoted 1 month lead time.  Luckily carry spacesaver.

Cannot fit rear mudflaps, apparently different rear bumper on MC to standard model.

Bizarre that cruise control, electric rear windows, auto dip headlights and auto wipers  deleted on the top model compared to SE-L or available as a cost option. Side protector strips are £250 fitted, which is harsh.

Miss rear camera of previous car.

The car itself is a joy to drive, and has a lot of usable space for a smallish car. First Skoda in the family, and so far very pleased apart from above "niggles"

I have the exact same car, sorry to hear about the tyre sourcing problems.. hope that can be sorted out! Good to know they are hard to find so I know too.

Mine is an ex-demo 16 plate, so it came with 17" black star twisted alloys and the false boot floor divider, which I took out. Only thing I don't know about mine is whether it has sport suspension as the dealer didn't know 100%.

I agree that the auto lights and wipers seem odd that they are missing on the top'ish model. However my previous Mazda 2 had auto lights, I nearly always had to manually interact with them, same as the wipers, they come on and off or don't behave as I'd like. So for those two things that are missing on the Monte, I can live with it, mostly because as you say, the car is an absolute joy to drive.

Rear electric windows are also missing on mine, however I'n thinking that I never actually ever put my rear windows down, literally never.

If anything I would add to my Monte would be the rubber boot liner, other than that  I can't fault it. It's a gem, I love getting in it every morning to drive to work.

Little things I found that I really like are, the rear seats come out so the back seats lay flat, DRL's look mint, goes like a pocket rocket in 2nd and 3rd, zero rattles and feels like it's built to last all over.

Rear mudguards are the standard estate ones, just make sure you get the estate ones rather than hatchback as they differ.

They are a bit fiddly to fit with the wheels on as unlike the front ones the wheels can't be turned to get better access. But still it is do-able.

What make are these 215/40 R 17 87H that a Tyre Centre or Mail Order can not get in 48 hours?

?

Who are these Dealership employees that have no idea that a Mk3 Fabia Monte Carlo Estate or Hatch has nothing much in common with a Mk2 Monte Carlo 

and no 'Sporty Rally Inspired' wheel arch embellishers fitted?

• Like 1

Rear camera is available as an option. I've got it factory fitted to my SEL estate and I would highly recommend it makes reversing so much easier.

Not sure if it's available as a retro dealer fit.

Thanks for all the helpful replies.

My local Skoda dealer is however sticking to the line that the Rear Mud Flaps Estate, Code: 6V9075101, are not compatible with the Mk 3 Fabia Montecarlo Estate. That is apparently the official Skoda position according to them. Frustrating, especially if you do a lot of miles on muddy back roads in Dorset.

I have sent to the dealer photos & comments from this forum, but so far to no avail! Frustrating as I paid for the Protection Pack to be fitted.

If you have had these rear mudflaps fitted to your Mk 3 Montecarlo Estate by a Skoda dealer, would be interested if you could forward their details so my garage can get in contact.

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/01/2017 at 00:24, Gerry42 said:

Thanks for all the helpful replies.

My local Skoda dealer is however sticking to the line that the Rear Mud Flaps Estate, Code: 6V9075101, are not compatible with the Mk 3 Fabia Montecarlo Estate. That is apparently the official Skoda position according to them. Frustrating, especially if you do a lot of miles on muddy back roads in Dorset.

I have sent to the dealer photos & comments from this forum, but so far to no avail! Frustrating as I paid for the Protection Pack to be fitted.

If you have had these rear mudflaps fitted to your Mk 3 Montecarlo Estate by a Skoda dealer, would be interested if you could forward their details so my garage can get in contact.

Skoda Bournemouth have accessed this forum, changed their decision  and today fitted the rear Montecarlo Estate mudflaps. Phew! So thanks to Forum contributors with same vehicle for posting pictures etc. which had the desired effect, and indeed the Skoda dealer.

The car also now has colour-coordinated side protectors, rubber mats inc. boot & a bumper protector fitted.

The car is finally properly equipped for its first big challenge, Bournemouth Tesco Extra shoppers car park!

Edited by Gerry42

Was there any sign of embarrassment from the employees that you dealt with.

This sort of nonsense obviously costs the DEalership money in parts they never fitted and labour they never charged.

Skoda Bournemouth Directors need to take a look at their company and who the employee and what knowledge they have and can the public and customers trust them if they can get a simple matter like mudflaps wrong. 

It would have taken a Technician, Fitter or even a Sales Executive 5 minutes to check the part against a vehicle.