Media Command not working on Amundsen

Hi guys,

I just installed a Smartgate in my new Superb III Combi MY17 with Amundsen 8". Almost everything is working well and most apps are easily connected. But "Motorsound" App and "Media Command" App dos not seems to work. I can easily live without the motorsound app which is litlle pathetic to be honest, but the media command app was one of the reasons to install the SMartgate. I simply won't connect to my Amundsen on neither Smartgate wifi or the hotspot I have setup on the car.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

BTW: Installing af Smartgate is a h.... of a job.

Best regards

Mikkel

Smartgate is a separate entity to Media Command.

Smartgate is the wi-fi dongle you fitted that allows you to connect with a smartphone to download and view various information about your vehicles performance. It requires the Smartgate app for Android or Skoda Service app for iOS.

Media Command is a cost option that needed to be specified when ordering the car from new as it is enabled in the infotainment firmware at the factory.

Unfortunately this option is not enabled or available in may country. Which is a very useful feature to transfer nav info from your phone to Columbus. It is also a good backseat ent integration.

I will never understand disabled features though hardware is capable. I hope somone find a way to de this through VCDS, 

• 2 weeks later...

I have now communicated a little with the danish Skoda-importer. They tell me it is not possible to activate Media Command when the car has been delivered. Is this true or are they just trying to avoid to help me?

....and one of the local resellers tells me that Media Command is only for Columbus Infotainment? Anybody using it on the newest Amundsen? A lot of confusing opposing messages from Skoda and their resellers. Whish someone official could be more specific.

Edited by MikkelF
spelling

The UK brochure seems to indicate Media Command is for Columbus only...

Media Command Allows wireless control of selected functions of the Columbus satellite navigation system 

Edited by BillyJim

The danish reseller also found it in a brochure....but they didn't know anything about it. I guess I will just forget about it and hope for a firmware upgrade :)