water uingress?

I've had some issues with water ingress in my mk 2 octy, causing terrible condensation, but hopefully resolved now. Are there any reports of condensation or water leaks in the mk 3 Octavia? If Skoda have been unable or unwilling to resolve these issues by now, I may look elsewhere for my replacement car. Grateful for any feedback

From what I know, is that you get a little condensation within the front headlights (normal) definitely no water leaks apart from water sometimes sitting within the door seals (but not all the time) I think Skoda did a door rubber mod to solve this issue but I've never experienced it if I'm honest.

Unless other folk might have some info.

Had 2 minor water related problems with my MY16 Octavia, both of which were quickly rectified by my dealer under warranty. 

1. Water collecting in front door sills and dumping out when doors opened. 

2. Very bad condensation in one rear light cluster. Cluster replaced 7 months ago and so far so good.

7 hours ago, AllanWMCc said:

Had 2 minor water related problems with my MY16 Octavia, both of which were quickly rectified by my dealer under warranty. 

1. Water collecting in front door sills and dumping out when doors opened. 

2. Very bad condensation in one rear light cluster. Cluster replaced 7 months ago and so far so good.

Did Skoda fix the water collecting in the front door sill under warranty? when its been raining and i open the front door it all rushes out and i have a year left on my warranty.

22 minutes ago, Mike97 said:

Did Skoda fix the water collecting in the front door sill under warranty? when its been raining and i open the front door it all rushes out and i have a year left on my warranty.

As far as I am aware it was done under warranty, though to be honest , I believe all that was required was for the dealer to modify the door seals under instruction from Skoda UK. I did not pay for the mod so was happy

I would mention this to your dealer as it is a problem they are likely to be aware of.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mike97 said:

Yes, many user have had this updated free Under warranty.

Asside from getting your feet wet every time it rains, the doors will also freeze shut if left in cold conditions.

There were 2 solution, one was to modify the seals by cutting additional holes in them. (I have this mod on mine & it works fine but other users reported this did not work for them.)

The final solution was a modified door seal with relocated drain holes.

Edited by Gabbo
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, harrylime said:

I've had some issues with water ingress in my mk 2 octy, causing terrible condensation, but hopefully resolved now. Are there any reports of condensation or water leaks in the mk 3 Octavia? If Skoda have been unable or unwilling to resolve these issues by now, I may look elsewhere for my replacement car. Grateful for any feedback

From memory a few early cars had water ingress problems from the pano-roof & one or two user from somewhere behind the Dashboard.

Obviously these kinds of issues are not easy to isolate & fix but I seem to remember a positive resolution in the end.

I wouldn't say its an inherent problem with the O3 rather a few one off issues with the first builds which seem to be rectified now its been in production for several years.

• Like 1

I had my door seals changed under warranty, as I had the water collecting problem.

Looked on here, saw that people had reported the problem and that there was a TSR on it and gave my dealer all the details.

They had to order in the new door seals, but problem is now resolved.