Fuel economy on yeti vs Octy 2

Canders

18 minutes ago, Canders said:

Hopefully swmbo will not be driving like she stole it!!! I might, ocasionally though:)

Mind I'm battering it at the mo 4K miles since Christmas 

12 minutes ago, Andyrep said:

Mind I'm battering it at the mo 4K miles since Christmas 

What?!?! Hope it's work related and your getting paid for it.

1 hour ago, Canders said:

bigjohn, thankfully I don't have a dpf. What I don't understand is that if the pd returned better real world economy, why change it? Was it just to accomodate emissions regs?

Sorry, but I think you will find that your 63 plate does have a DPF.

15 minutes ago, Canders said:

What?!?! Hope it's work related and your getting paid for it.

Yeah work related, just opted out of company car scheme and took an allowance plus millage 

i have to say I did iow to Macc in 4 1/4 on Tuesday and kent the week before, knocking on the door of a thousand miles a week at mo and the yeti is performing great, not as comfy as my BM 5 series and other drivers erh respect is not as great but still a great car 

the only thing I find is the DSG is quite low geared in 6th pulls 2500 rpm at 80 plus fuel tank is a tad small lol 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Llanigraham said:

Sorry, but I think you will find that your 63 plate does have a DPF.

Sorry, it wasn't too clear, this was in reference to the octy fl pd estate.

18 hours ago, Canders said:

KBPhoto, interesting. How do you calibrate using VCDS?. This would be good to carryout just for my own information and as a reference point should anything change or possibly go wrong.

Off the top of my head I can't recall, but involves changing the fuel consumption variation by a percentage.

You'll need to keep accurate track of your fuel consumption over quite a period to know how much out your display is.

Bear in mind that a change of road type (B road or motorway, for example) would make the calculations innacurate anyway. It's only an overall average of all your driving.

if you do the same route in the same manner at the same time of day, it'll be more useful and accurate.

When I've put my Yeti back together I'll get the VCDS out and see if I can track down how to do it. If you want it quicker than I can do, then search this forum or have a look on the Ross Tech Wiki as I'm pretty sure I would have got the info from one of those myself.

18 hours ago, Canders said:

How do you calibrate using VCDS?. This would be good to carryout just for my own information and as a reference point should anything change or possibly go wrong.

Go to 17 - Instruments

Adaptations

“Display Correction of Consumptions and Operating Range”

The value should be 100% as std,

if your maxidot figures are too optimistic (showing better MPG figures than what you are achieving) then you need to increase this figure,

I found that for every 2% I increased the figure it dropped the maxidot MPG by 1 MPG :

My car was approx 5 MPG optimistic (showing 55 MPG when I was actually getting 50 MPG), so correcting it to 110% made it read spot on.

• Like 1