DPF Filter light

Hi, 

I had the EGR valve replaced last week on my octavia greenline 1.6 2011 (£600!!) 

Today my DPF filter light has come on and I havent managed to regen on the motorway.

Ive booked it in tomorrow for a deep clean 'flush'. 

Has anyone had the same problem after having the EGR valve replaced?

Next option if this doesnt work is possibly to have the DPF mapped out, however it is a private hire taxi so im not sure if this will fail me on the emissions.

It might be a coincidence but if you have never had problems with DPF and it suddenly acts weird, it might be because of the EGR repair.

For 1.6 engine EGR repair it needs DPF removal as well. Maybe some kind of sensor has been damaged or assembled in a faulty way.

The DPF light comes on if the filter is heavily loaded as a reminder that you need to take it for a drive to regenerate it.

That it came on after the EGR was replaced could be a coincidence or it could be related. Like Jevpls said, it may be that something wasn't reconnected properly or got disturbed. Also, EGR function can affect the level of particulates in the exhaust. But it may just be coincidence too.

Try taking it for a 50-60 km drive on the motorway, making sure to load the engine up when you can. When you can, slow down then accelerate hard to the red line in 3rd. This will increase exhaust pressure and push material through the DPF a bit quicker.

If that doesn't solve it, get the car scanned with VCDS or a dealer scan tool to see if there are any additional issues. Especially, get the ash loading checked: if it's full of ash, the DPF has to be replaced, since it can't eliminate it during regen. Diagnostics can also be used to set a manual regen - be prepared to take the car out for a drive if you choose this.

I've had a force regen done, there was 26grams of soot in the DPF, anything over 33grams means its too blocked to regen and needs to be 'flushed' (apparently). Car running fine much more responsive on the acceleration.