Car selling and SORN

ChilledBud

Having not sold a car in a a few years, I was wondering how people go about letting people test drive a SORN car?

The 2009 vRS LE is going to be put up for sale in the next few days, but with the replacement car probably arriving in 2-4 weeks, I was wondering what people do in terms of test drives for possible buyers ?

Since the insurance will be changed over to the new car, that means I'll have to SORN the car pretty quickly after. This will lead to an issue come test driving time and the car can't be test driven, and as far as I have read if a buyer wants to take it out and gets caught, it's me as the car owners who ends up with a no VED fine.

I would suspect you need to tax it and then claim back the remaining months when you sell. From recent experience the cheque from the DVLA comes back quite quickly. About a week.

There is no hurry to SORN the car unless you are getting full months refunds or want to stop paying by DD.

The car can be declared offroad and be offroad and does not need insured as long as off the roads.

If you are the Registered Keeper & you have it on a SORN then you are the one getting the penalty if someone drives it without VED or Insurance.

You would need a pre booked MOT and be taking the car to a MOT, or make it legal to be on the public highway.

Or just lucky.

Edited by Offski