DTUK Tuning Box

I don't have one on a VRS, but I do have one on my 3 series which has a similar output to the VRS as standard.

In short, the box is very good, i've got a CRD-T which controls boost and fuel pressure. I've had it fitted for 20k miles and had no problems with it on my car. I played around with the maps + settings to find one that I liked.

Don't believe the rubbish about improved economy.. it doesn't. But the maps are clutch friendly as there is no low down torque or boost spikes as the box doesn't make any difference until over 2.3k revs (for me anyway) then you feel the surge of power come in.

Easy enough to whip off when the car needs work too...

I have their CRD3 tri-channel system fitted to my 150ps diesel DSG - it's very good.

There are economy improvements to be had, just not as much as the display readout / website would suggest. I've calculated manually to see what the improvements actually are, and I worked out an improvement on a run of anywhere between 4-5 MPG.

Their products seem like they are really good quality, and the service from Andrew and the team is second to none.

In short, highly recommend. 

• Like 1

what are the pro's and con's with a tuning box over a std remap or custom map

CELTIC tune do a map claiming 212 bhp and 330 lbft 

custom tunes are similar 

all claim saving money on fuel

can a remap be detected and removed accidentally by a dealer?

A remap will be detected and get your car a TD1 flag if you remove the tuning box you won't get a TD1 flag.

But if you blow an engine or turbo a far more detailed checks done before being replaced under warranty will prove a tuning box has been used.

Edited by themanwithnoaim

Never had a remap of any kind but my understanding is that a clip on box like a DTUK is good if you are trying to avoid voiding the warranty.

It means that the rest of the car is likely to be standard and these boxes work best with standard equipment.

If you are changing intakes, exhausts etc then a subsequent custom remap will utilise any enhancements for a more efficient result.

Warranty for any problems associated with performance enhancement would be out the window though.

23 hours ago, CramVRs said:

Hi All

as title suggests.  Has anyone fitted one of these boxes? if so can you offer any feedback as im looking at getting one for my Vrs

thanks

Hi yes i have had a DTUK kit fitted to mine and was great, the power, acceleration and fuel economy does not seem to suffer. Have taken it off mine because changing cars and am actual trying to sell it at the present. Its the new model CRD-T+ stage 2 with 2 channels. E mail me if interested. They are easy to fit and could do it for you but i live in west yorkshire 

Edited by Beast
  • Like 1