Bolero query, Octavia from March 2014

hi, first post, sorry if this has been trashed out already, I'm looking for clarification.

purchased a March 2014 Octavia with a 4 button on either side Bolero entertainment system (bottom left being TP).

the USB only charges the phone and does not carry media files, maps or icons to the screen. Is this the norm or have I a software issue that can be fixed with an upgrade in software or replacement USB dock. The USB is not lit up either when you select the source option like aux, BT or CD is.

I also have a 2014 Octavia with the Bolero HU.

If you're looking for Smarklink when you connect the phone via the USB port, it won't work as it won't be loaded on this version of the Bolero.

Mine is the same.

Some have said that you can purchase a Smartlink license from a dealer & they will update your system.

I haven't tried this yet, but will try & ask soon.

There is no Smartlink for older Boleros. This has been confirmed several times.

...My car is on the service now and I have a courtesy Skoda Yeti (brand new) with the latest Amundsen (is that the one with Nav? This has nav...)

It has Smartlink enabled and also Android Auto.

I would be sooooo happy having that on my car. And to think I missed it for 3 weeks... 3 weeks after and it would have the newer Bolero...

7 minutes ago, Petunet said:

You know I have a new Bolero at shelf.

Want one? :biggrin:

You also know that it cannot be retrofitted because of the car security, otherwise... It is something I would consider :)