How do I get into the fuse box? OBD2?

I've read the manual and looked at the photos. I've had the glove box down and felt a lever along the left side of the open glove box. Can't budge it. What am I doing wrong? Also, when I get into the fuse box, will I find an OBD2 connection there as well? Thanks in advance!

The OBD port in just above the throttle pedal.

The glove box drops down after the two tabs have been pressed in, can’t remember exactly how the damper was removed but I do remember it was dead easy after flicking through the manual.

Hi

I also struggled when  I had to access the fuse box - the fact that it was cold and wet at the time did not help!  I did not find the 3D picture in the manual to be very clear. I found that to release the brake rod you push the outer end up (at 90 degrees to the line of the rod). This then clicks the end out of a small slot into a larger one. You can then pull the rod outwards from the glove box to release it entirely. The box will then drop down and it is easy to release it from the retained tabs. Hope this helps.

BTW the reason I had to access the fuse box was that the heated front seat on the drivers side came on and I could not switch it off. Thus I needed to remove the fuse to disable it. I have not yet takeen it back to the dealer to sort this. Anyone else had this happen?

Cheers

Paul R T

What are you up to Freelunch... notice we have the same motor, same colour. I took delivery last week. I haven't posted any pics yet as the motor is going in for full gtechniq and roof wrap tomorrow. I need to fit my dashcam back so need to figure out the fuse box.

I have made three or four attempts to apply all the information in this thread to dropping my glove box to reveal the fuse box. All failed.

Today, I drove to the dealer and asked for help. The service manager asked me why I needed to get in there. I didn't say "because I want to". I said I've had to replace fuses in the past and wanted to make sure I could get in in an emergency. "Well, be careful you don't fuse anything." Here's Steve our chief mechanic. Steve couldn't get into the fuse box. He finally got a young lad to try. I'm damned if I can remember his name, but he persisted - reading my manual, looking at his computer (they're all different, he said) and finally working out how to do it:

He first used the tabs to drop down the box so he could access the top of the brake rod. He used a screwdriver to push a tab at the top of the brake rod to the left, which released the rod to allow the glove box to fully drop down. I could see the fuse box.

Any other problems? Yes, but this is for another thread: trying to update the sat/nav. Neither Steve nor the young lad could work out why the computer could read the card, say update is available, then get an error when searching for the update.

The good news: I actually had my favourite parking spot waiting for me when I got home! (For you rural types or garage owners, this is a big deal in London. I've read that fewer trips are made because drivers are afraid of losing their parking spots.)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Having needed to change both my 12v socket fuses, I agree that the manual explanation is pants.

When releasing the two top tabs up so that the box can drop the whole left brake mechanism fell off from it's side retainer :(

After some puzzle work I got it back on to the side mount, align and then twist to lock. The gog wheel also fell out.

I then looked at the arm fitting to the drop down box. It's a push in\out slide type hole.

See my photos. Hope that this helps.

5a91a9e50e0c3_2018-02-2417_35_30.thumb.jpg.a3e0d0c27aaf1eb864430e5ab9da9d8f.jpg

2018-02-24 17.36.10.jpg

• Thanks 1

On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 16:08, freelunch said:

Any other problems? Yes, but this is for another thread: trying to update the sat/nav. Neither Steve nor the young lad could work out why the computer could read the card, say update is available, then get an error when searching for the update.

Lots of stuff on here about the satnav update @freelunch. Reckon I must have got lucky because mine worked first time, but the consensus seems to be try another SD card. FWIW I used a full size 64Gb card as advised in these forums, but others have done the same and still had to have 3 or 4 goes to make it work. Good luck.

PS: I have Columbus so comments all relate to that. I think you need a dedicated card for Amundsen but don't know for sure.

• 2 years later...
On 24/02/2018 at 18:08, CzechSkoda said:

Having needed to change both my 12v socket fuses, I agree that the manual explanation is pants.

When releasing the two top tabs up so that the box can drop the whole left brake mechanism fell off from it's side retainer :(

After some puzzle work I got it back on to the side mount, align and then twist to lock. The gog wheel also fell out.

I then looked at the arm fitting to the drop down box. It's a push in\out slide type hole.

See my photos. Hope that this helps.

Very helpful indeed. The "tabs" securing the top of the box are hidden but can be felt; press on the right-hand one and gently lower the box and it will release fully ; repeat on the left. The box is now free to fall fully open and, as it does so the support arm on the left-hand side will drop out of its runners. This is not a problem and the arm does not have to be unclipped from the box - it can be left attached and fed into the runners again. As it's inserted, a "ratchet" action can be felt as it goes into its housing (the housing contains the silicone damping mechanism that allows the lid to open gracefully....)

5a91a9e50e0c3_2018-02-2417_35_30.thumb.jpg.a3e0d0c27aaf1eb864430e5ab9da9d8f.jpg

2018-02-24 17.36.10.jpg