Ferodo DS2000 / DS2500 Difference?

ickleginge

So to answer my own question I contacted Ferodo directly today.

DS Performance pads (which were formally known as DS2000 pads) are a legal fast road pad. There was the mentioning during my enquiry that the composite of these pads has changed slightly since there re branding.

DS2500 pads are a non legal race pad. I can only assume DS2500 pads are a completely different composite to DS Performance (DS2000) pads?

Spanner

Ferodo's current fast road pads are "DS Performance", which in old money were known as "DS2000".

I've previously owned a set of DS2000's on a Ford Focus and thought they were very good. After covering around 20,000 miles I did start getting some brake noise when coming to gradual slow stops in traffic. I felt that the noise was more related to the OEM discs than the pads though. I never seemed to suffer from the increased brake dust that had been mentioned to me before my purchase?

2500 are a harder pad working upto and from a higher initial temp plus they have more friction of coefficient but they have disadvantages the dust needs to be cleaned otherwsie it dmages the alloy and stains it forever plus it will wear disks out quicker.

2500 might not be road legal but loads oof people use them without MOT implications Ds300 are the very hard pads if your felling keep but there very damaging to disk and alloys.

I come from Clio ownership where owners can go through two sets of diks to one set of 300 pads 2500 are about 1 to 1 although it will depend.

How evil is the DS2000 break dust?

I have run a set of DS2500's for the last 12 months, just about due a new set on the rear, brake dust IMO is actually better than the OEM setup, a bit of squeel in light operation but the braking difference between stock and my DS2500/Grooved disk setup is like night and day.........come to think of it maybe a GB on Pads and discs could be in order. I got my discs from a guy who makes them and advertises under mtec100 on ebay, company is sport brake discs, they did the set of front and rear Octy discs for