312mm brakes - Pictorial

Tech1e

And to further expand this 312mm thread to non vRS owners

To run bigger brakes you will need

o/s bearing housing 6Q0 407 255 S 114.38+vat

n/s bearing housing 6Q0 407 256 S 114.38+vat

wheel bearing x 2 6R0 407 621 A 87.72+vat each.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! B)

Though is it worth the £720approx to complete?

Not at the moment, but it might be in the next 6 to 12 months... :) Funds and other circumstances permitting. Very good point though.

Edited by Leodhasach

• 1 year later...

There's a octavia vrs just turned up at a local scrap yard if I go buy the front disks and calipers and carriers is there anything else I need for a swap to my fabia vrs

• 3 months later...

Just pump the brake pedal but only go half way down, should be fine and yes the brakes fit under those wheels.

Having changed the brakes yesterday and not having access to a pressure bleeder, myself and my brother did the old 2 man, brake fluid in a jar trick but i hadn't read about only pushing the pedal half way, so therefore pushed fully. Is it likely i could have damaged the master cylinder??

Having driven over 150 miles since doing it, every feels fine at the moment.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi guys, just bringing an old thread back to life here as I need a new set of Zimmerman discs and can't remember anything about them. Does anyone have a part number for the drilled/grooved discs that go with the 312 brake set. I have one of the sets from golfturbo that I acquired many years ago. I think they came from an Audi TT and that's all I can remember! Thanks if anyone can help. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

05112d10.jpg

Thats the two different types of caliper as per the first post. The original on the left doesnt have the 7mm allen key bolts. The one on the right does. the 7mm allen keys 'sliders' mount the caliper to the carrier. the original bolts mount the carrier to the bearing housing.