Skoda Connect & auxiliary heating

Hello there,

I have a Superb MY18 L&K 4x4 Estate.

I have Downloaded and connected the Skoda Connect app and registered it with the car.

I have created a PIN on the Skoda connect website.

All the functions of the app work EXCEPT the one I want  -> which is to pre-heat the car.

The car is connected to my home/office wi-fi; for example if I press 'flash lights and beep horn', it works just fine.

As you can see from the screenshot below - the auxilliary heater option is greyed out.

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

BUT - the 1027629521_2018-10-2916_15_21.thumb.jpg.a5a368285368b14938e99569d35167b4.jpg

Thanks @BriskodaJeff

I did wonder if that might be the case.

My outgoing Jag XE had this feature, used to switch the engine on remotely and them climb into a nicely defrosted and toasty car.  Maybe it's a UK Skoda rule - Frightened of people gassing themselves in their garage.

Back to an old fashioned jug of warm water, for me, then....!

14 hours ago, James_Collins said:

Back to an old fashioned jug of warm water, for me, then....!

If you've got an L&K, hasn’t it got the electrically heated windscreen to defrost really quick? The button is on the middle control of the heater controls.

The situation is even graver than I could possibly imagine!

This morning, WITHOUT jug of warm water, went out to start the car (in my undercrackers.... apologies neighbours) to let it warm up and return to later, and I CAN'T LOCK THE CAR WITH THE ENGINE RUNNING!

Meaning some scrote could well drive off whilst I'm enjoying my morning frappuccino!

If they do, I'm billing Skoda!

auxiliary heating doesn't unlock car when it's started remotely(or by timer)

lock the car option while engine is on can be activated by VCDS; VCP

just have no idea why it switching engine off when i return to car

Edited by MartiniB

• 8 months later...
On 30/10/2018 at 12:23, James_Collins said:

The situation is even graver than I could possibly imagine!

This morning, WITHOUT jug of warm water, went out to start the car (in my undercrackers.... apologies neighbours) to let it warm up and return to later, and I CAN'T LOCK THE CAR WITH THE ENGINE RUNNING!

Meaning some scrote could well drive off whilst I'm enjoying my morning frappuccino!

If they do, I'm billing Skoda!

Thats because its against the law to leave a car running unattended. The aux heating is electric and does not require the engine to run.