Cheap Handling Mod

i fabricated my rear brace bars with some flat bar, welded to the frame.

the tt bushes out of the roadster are about £100 if i remember correctly, what bushes do you have mark?

i fabricated my rear brace bars with some flat bar, welded to the frame.

the tt bushes out of the roadster are about £100 if i remember correctly, what bushes do you have mark?

yep I have the TT bushes(well have uppers but not lowers as on back order) and yep work out £22 each before VAT. These are the same for S3,TT,LCR.

yep I have the TT bushes(well have uppers but not lowers as on back order) and yep work out £22 each before VAT. These are the same for S3,TT,LCR.

Thats why TPS delivered me 2 sets of upper mounts instead and uppers and lowers then, lets see how long it takes for them to tell me they are on back order

Thats why TPS delivered me 2 sets of upper mounts instead and uppers and lowers then, lets see how long it takes for them to tell me they are on back order

Yep went to pick them up from TPS today and lowers missing. Checked on their site and no one else had them in stock in any dealer. Was told factory ordered part and May 1st ealiest. Also short of one rear subframe brace. Doh

Bugger that means am not going to get them for this weekend then, wonder if i can get the bushs out of my spare s3 subframe either that or i fit the 4 upper ones and find something to go between them

Sorry not been on the site for a long time. I couldn't believe this thread was still alive. For anyone wishing to stiffen/strengthen chassis for improved handling, take a look at Ultra Racing products. Their stuff is available through ebay at a reasonable price and shipping. Follow the below link to have a look at the products available. Golf 4 for Octi Mk 1 and Golf 5 for Octi Mk 2.

http://www.ultraracing.com.my/template.asp?menuid=56

Bugger that means am not going to get them for this weekend then, wonder if i can get the bushs out of my spare s3 subframe either that or i fit the 4 upper ones and find something to go between them

Got phone call to pick up the lowers up today and 2nd rear bracing bar so when weather permits I am on it...

• 2 weeks later...

Err is it me or is the pic of the front brace just photo shopped on as it doesn't line up with any mounting points? Looking at the 3 piece rear brace myself and thinking about asking one of my cousins how much their stuff is in Malaysia next time they go over.

guys i have been on the phone to them today and i am pleased to say if i can get a few of us to order some bits they will give us a group discount on parts

the lower front brace is around £100 deliverd wich i though was very good

if anyone is interested please make a list and i will get an exact price from them for all there gear

they are very well known in the jap/german car scene

so these are good quality stuff

im going to order the whole kit just to trail it and see what its like as you do ;-)

• Like 1

I bought one of there or a very similar brace for my volvo as it used same front subframe as evo 4/5 and 6

It was a very good tight fit and welds seemed really good

ok i can see the link but what am i looking for in it? all i get is the home page! i maybe in if its some sort of bracing.

Edit ah looking for the golf!!! Should have known to early in the morning.

So Mark, what was the outcome?

Not had chance to fit bits yet with this crud weather.

Front brace looks to hang quite low, could be interesting on speed humps...

Yep they do and i am not going that route as think I would be grounding out a lot and also.apart from costly and not probably fit for road use.

• 3 months later...

guys i have been on the phone to them today and i am pleased to say if i can get a few of us to order some bits they will give us a group discount on parts

the lower front brace is around £100 deliverd wich i though was very good

if anyone is interested please make a list and i will get an exact price from them for all there gear

they are very well known in the jap/german car scene

so these are good quality stuff

im going to order the whole kit just to trail it and see what its like as you do ;-)

Hi I am in for that 100gbp price, as long as it excludes any additional custom duties, taxes etc.

Normaly on ebay it is 110gbp delivered but with the risk of additional costs.

Please let me know.

Just bought their

REAR LOWER BAR UR-RL2-1273

Edited by davojuri