Lavor Pressure Washer...anyone heard of them ?

GAFF

I see Lidl are doing one on Monday 21st, the spec is excellent value for money.

89Stg http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home_ni.nsf/pages/c.o.20060821.p.HighPerformancePressureWasher

140 Euros http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20060821.p.HighPerformancePressureWasher

Max. litres per hour: 530

Max. Bar: 160

2550 Watt

Child safety system

Pressure adjustable

Integrated hose reel

Accessories: vario jet fan lance, roto lance, flexi-jet lance, washbrush, dirtblaster

I see that the brand name is known and there is a range, this specific model seems to be for Lidl only as its listed here to enable customers to purchase replacement parts only. http://www.jet-wash-direct.co.uk/pressurewashers/superwash.html

Theres also a Patio & Wall Cleaner Attachment listed, I'm not sure if this is a lavor item.

Lavor website is available here, http://www.lavorwash.it/

Yeah the Lavor tiger is one of the products in the 'workshop winners' product review this week. I don't think the one you are looking at is the Tiger though.

the spec seems better than the tiger, I assume the pump, hose etc are of equal quality as there made by Lavor

the spec seems better than the tiger, I assume the pump, hose etc are of equal quality as there made by Lavor

Sorry mate didnt even look at the spec. As you say the hoses etc are bound to be the same spec or better than the tiger. That's a serious bargain.

Sorry mate didnt even look at the spec. As you say the hoses etc are bound to be the same spec or better than the tiger. That's a serious bargain.

I spoke to czechmate, he has one he got in lidl. The hose burst before but got a new one through the helpline. With a 3yr warranty ya can't go wrong.

Looks like we are getting it 10% cheaper up North than Lidl in the South. Do you know when they are due in stock or are they on sale already?

from Monday, 21.08. according to the link :rolleyes:;)

10% thats the cost of living down here...even Lidl rob ya :rofl:

• 1 year later...

I have just come across this discussion and although it's an old one I though it would be worth adding some comments. Lavor are an Italian manufacturer of pressure washers. They sometimes offer specials through Lidl across Europe. The power washer in question is a Superwash 160 and has been offered on a number of occassions. Euroquipe are the authorised service agent for Northern and Southern Ireland for all Lavor domestic power washers. Our experience is that these are a good pressure washer with a few items that the user needs to watch out for.

1: Make sure any extension lead being used is rated above 2.6KW or else the power washer can trip out and over time could suffer damage

2: Ensure the hose does not get damaged on sharp edges or does not develop a kink. It is probably the weakest part of the pressure washer in terms of it's overall design but be careful with it and there should not be any problems.

3: Don't drop the lances or bash them about as the ceramic nozzles can be damaged.

Telephone support is available from 0818 300253.

I have had a couple of these at this stage, although a great unit I think it would be worth it to spend the few pound and improve it. There was various issues, damaged tubing, leaking water from the tank at bottom, cutting out after some usage, the last issue was it starting/stopping while in idle (I think the non-return valve where water goes to the tank was burst so hence the intermittant start up).

Saying that the pressure and volumetric flow rate are great. If they are around a year old and suffer any problem Lidl have had no problem giving me a replacment. I was told before that the unit would normally have to go back to Lavor for 3 year warranty (UK I assume), I ain't paying for shipping for something that heavy (probably cost more than the unit). One of the lads had the shipping pay for where in my case it had to be sent back then a decision made.

As a matter of interest where are euroquipe based.

Btw Thanks for your inputs here :thumbup:

Thanks for the thread - I'd noticed they're on sale up here next week too. Did anyone notice they've also got microfibre mitts at 99p a go? Hell, even if they're crap it'd be worth buying a dozen, wouldn't it? :)

Stupid question but what does the foam lance do (apart from foaming ;))? There is a circular patio cleaning unit you can buy and its very impressive.

it just sprays foam over your car so you don't scratch it as much when cleaning.

Thats what I was thinking but then seen your link above.

Why need a special lance?

The one with the unit can be twisted to dispence stuff from the tank in the bottom, where you'd place your foam substance.

I don't have special gear so put some washing gear in, spray some water in to foam it up then with the lance twisted it mixes some water and suds.

The tank is what leaked on me before (also a bad lid design will result in water everywhere if you have it too full when your wheeling it behind you, as the opening points downwards)

Euroquipe are based in Cork but we offer a full nationwide service. Check us out at www.euroquipe.ie or www.powerwashers.ie

The Lavor Superwash 160 from Lidl comes with a 3 year warranty. In Ireland we use a courier collect service so if it's a genuine warranty claim, there should be no cost to the end user. The only small hassle is that the unit needs to be boxed up well for the courier. We ask that this be done to minimise the risk of damage in transit. We accept no responsibility for any damage or loss in transit. So far, this system has worked very well.

I say genuine warranty claim because warranty generally covers defects in manufacturing. The big misunderstanding of warranty is that it covers every eventuality. It does not. So for example any defects caused by wear and tear are not covered. The most common claim we get is on damaged hoses and generally we will not cover these under warranty.

Foam lance is standard and I think it comes with some car shampoo but I would not swear to this. It also includes a rotating brush, turbo lance and a 10m high pressure hose. All fittings are brass. For

The most common claim we get is on damaged hoses and generally we will not cover these under warranty.

As much as I can see why this is the case, to be honest I reakon its a bit harsh as they are definitely a weak point on them. Hence the reason why I mentioned above that Lavor should spend the few pound and improve it. I really look after mine and the attached are two damaged ones (the 2nd ones shows the hose is virtually perfectly new around the mark.)

Btw I'm not having a go at you ;) just pointing out my findings :thumbup:

Is it possible to buy new hose for them and how much do they cost?

I challenge anyone to find an equivalent specification machine in any of the mainstream retailers for even twice the price.

I'd 100% agree with you :thumbup:

22874.attach

22875.attach

Edited by GAFF