Superb interior lights not working?

For some reason all of the interior lights except the two above the two rear doors have stopped working. The two front map reading lights near the rear veiw mirror and the red lights in the doors have all stopped working.

I've checked all of the fuses and theres none blown. I think fuse 14 is the suspect one but its ok.

Anyone got any ideas??

Hi All,

Just clocked 1st problems with my Superb. Front interior lights and boot light don't illuminate any more when door open or lights manually turned on. Cat eye light's OK but interior map reading lights don't work either. Not checked fuses yet.

Also, the passenger rear footwell has a pint or two of rain water in it!

Anyone suggest if the two might be related, and what the likely cause of the leak is? Blocked drainage?

Any help much appreciated.

Ric

Hi All,

Just clocked 1st problems with my Superb. Front interior lights and boot light don't illuminate any more when door open or lights manually turned on. Cat eye light's OK but interior map reading lights don't work either. Not checked fuses yet.

Also, the passenger rear footwell has a pint or two of rain water in it!

Anyone suggest if the two might be related, and what the likely cause of the leak is? Blocked drainage?

Any help much appreciated.

Ric

Yes, do a bit of a search you will find its well discussed likely to be pollen Filter area letting the water in, and a waterlogged corroded wire joint in the cabeling under the carpet . IIRC the joint can be remade and the problem solved after solving the leak, can be expensive if the cabelling is rotted elsewhere and a new loom is required IIRC. Common on Passats also

For some reason all of the interior lights except the two above the two rear doors have stopped working. The two front map reading lights near the rear veiw mirror and the red lights in the doors have all stopped working.

I've checked all of the fuses and theres none blown. I think fuse 14 is the suspect one but its ok.

Anyone got any ideas??

Hi, I had exactly the same prob with my 02 1.8T superb earlier this year, took it to my local dealer (Farmers Skoda) who very quickly diagnosed it was what has been already sudgested a water leak from around the pollen filter, apparently it leaks down under the passenger carpet and corrodes a node modual. Turns out mine may have been damaged on the production line and because I have a full Skoda service history Skoda were willing to meet 75% of the repair bill, now you may need to sit down, this equated to

Well to add more to this last night i dragged the rear footwell carpet up to find soggy underlay and a completely corroded "node" i repaired this but still the lights did not work so i looked a bit deeper and discovered a complete butchers job on the wiring loom strange crimps and yellow sticky tape all over.

for most of the length from the back foot well to the front foot well.

I have never had the car in for anything electrical apart from once in the last few weeks when the alram kept going off.

I am bemused when this has been carried out and by what cowboy either.

I am not happy but cannot prove who where or when.

The interior lights are still not working and it is going into the garage now to fix it and i will get them to sort the leak out as well

:eek: :thumbdwn: :( :confused: :confused: :mad: :confused: :( :(

I think these say it all........

S55 5NOB

An Ipswich based Superb if you see me flash me.

Right then, carpets up tomorrow. When i thought about this i realised that the problem never appeared untill the rear footwell collected with water one morning. When i bought the car a few weeks ago it worked perfectly.

If i disconnect the battery will i have to re-enter a code on the (standard elegance) stereo?

Well to add more to this last night i dragged the rear footwell carpet up to find soggy underlay and a completely corroded "node" i repaired this but still the lights did not work so i looked a bit deeper and discovered a complete butchers job on the wiring loom strange crimps and yellow sticky tape all over.

for most of the length from the back foot well to the front foot well.

I have never had the car in for anything electrical apart from once in the last few weeks when the alram kept going off.

I am bemused when this has been carried out and by what cowboy either.

I am not happy but cannot prove who where or when.

The interior lights are still not working and it is going into the garage now to fix it and i will get them to sort the leak out as well

:eek: :thumbdwn: :( :confused: :confused: :mad: :confused: :( :(

I think these say it all........

S55 5NOB

An Ipswich based Superb if you see me flash me.

it's a bitch to sort out - do on warranty if you can. warranty will also replace carpets which can go mouldy otherwise months later.

happens to most superbs and most passats at some point.

KEEP THOSE ENGINE BAY GUTTERS CLEAN!

ric

if you were in m/c i'd wonder if horner's had had a go at it...

How the hell do you et the carpets up???

It looks like the carpet is all in one peice, then everything is bolted down on top of it. Do you have to take the back seat out? If so how?

I can get the edges up but not the full carpet so i can find this "node" thingy.

On another matter, GSF in Derby gave me the wrong air filter today even after i took in the service book and the owners manual which lists the engine number etc.

I phoned them when i found out, and, following the suggestion that they send me the proper one and i send them the old one back, they said that it "doesnt work like that" and that they couldnt help. So its a 35 mile trip to derby tomorrow to get it changed. Thanks GSF, youre a bunch of *****.

Morning all,

Just to keep you good folks up to date on this on going saga, I have just got my Superb back interior lights now ablaze when they should be, but and here is the BIG but the radio now does not turn of when the ignition key is withdrawn, the central locking does not deadlock, the digital clock and trip meter reset every time i start the car and the central locking now locks of it's own accord when it feels like it, seems like they did a good job for a mere

Morning all,

Just to keep you good folks up to date on this on going saga, I have just got my Superb back interior lights now ablaze when they should be, but and here is the BIG but the radio now does not turn of when the ignition key is withdrawn, the central locking does not deadlock, the digital clock and trip meter reset every time i start the car and the central locking now locks of it's own accord when it feels like it, seems like they did a good job for a mere

yes, go back to them and tell them in no uncertain terms to DO IT PROPERLY!

Yep, I would take this line of conversation with them mate.

One of the reasons I don't deal with dealer's anymore, they are 'fitter's' and not 'mechanic's'!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Have not posted since last summer (left hand Xenon not coming on first time,MOT tester at Jacksons,B'Stoke failed it on this.Then spent next month with Jackson's/Skoda M'Keynes trying to solve - thought they did,but now doing the same thing in these dark mornings (5.30am start and Xenon's left hand light comes on after 3/4 goes)).

Anyway,as with you guys,ALL interior lights except cats eyes and rear passengers ones not working,inc boot.No lights on when blipping with remote,no wing mirror lights either,but the interior handle lights - those lovely white lights! - do also work.

With the dark evenings and early morning starts,having no lights is a real bu..er!

Took the car into Jackson's last week and they spent at least 60 mins trying to solve to no avail,and then told me they were in receivership - very bad news for all involved and I hope they can navigate themselves out of trouble and have a job.

They suggested it could be the convenience pack unit under the passenger footwell and to book it in ASAP (assuming they are still in business).

This website is amazing in at least knowing that others are suffering the same thing.

Interestingly,I bought the Superb (2.5 tdi elegance '03) 2nd hand from Aldershot dealer in July '05 and the edges of the front carpet mats had a darker stain around them - could this be a result of damp -bought the car at 8,500 miles on clock for

a ha I think you may have explained the problem with mine by reading through this thread prehaps you could confirm.

The following things did stop working:

Interior lights

Buzzer for when the lights are on when the key is out and door open

Central Locking

Electric Windows

It went to the garage and they said convenience unit may be falty yet they seem to have fixed all bar the central locking.

Does this mean from reading through the thread that if I can just get them to use the VAG COM they can recode the doors to fix the central locking?

And then should I check far damp and the drainage holes mentioned being blocked?

Cheers

exactly right, convenience unit contains coding for convenience features like antihijack, coding of all your car keys to the car, and probably quite a few other things. you can probably sort it with vagcom if you know what you're doing, although suspect coding the keys to the car requires some car-specific PIN code...?

• 6 months later...

Hello from Norway!

Please bear with my bad english... :)

I also had footwells full of water this winter. Drainage below battery clogged... :(

Anyway, I've got most of the lights working again when I fixed the node under the mat behind the driver seat, but a couple things doesn't work:

- Remote controlled door lock doesn't work, central locking is OK when I use the key and the button on the door panel. This was on and of until it finally one day didn't work at all.

- Cat eyes under wing mirrors and ceiling lights doesn't turn on when doors open and car is unlocked. I guess these to are connected together since they fade out simultaniously.

The interior ceiling lights all work when I turn them on manually.

All the other lights in footwells etc does work when doors open, but not the ceiling lights.

So, my question to you guys is:

Does anyone know where the relay/dimmer/fader for wing mirror cat eyes and ceiling lights is located? Are these controlled from the CU under the driver seat? I'm about to get a new CU to fix the remote control problem.

Thanx in advance for all answers!

Regards,

David

HI all before you go changing any bits, i suffered from this problem with wet footwells for months no thankfully my dealership ah bless them have sorted it and dired my car out but they did find other wires corroded that had not shown up initially faults were along the same lines as yours so get some one to dig into it a bit deeper for you.

Cheers

SNOB

• 2 months later...

My new Superb 2.5TDI was delivered in March without the interior lights working, although this was not discovered by the PDI nor by me until I got home. When I took it back the dealer quickly identified the need for a replacement convenience control module, and this was duly replaced under warranty (although the dealer did fail to realise that the spare remote control key would also need to be recoded).

Just over four months later the lights have stopped working again, and again the need for a replacement CCM has been diagnosed - it is now on order. Naturally I am beginning to wonder whether there is a more general problem with these modules - has anyone else needed to replace more than one module on a new car?