Simpsons Skoda (Preston) Ltd - Preston..

DGW

Just had mine in at Simpsons with a seized rear caliper under warranty when it failed on the MOT. I was given good advice to check if was seized before I booked it in .Apparently I would have been charged if just needed cleaning.

Even though I was a little ard-faced with them after my previous Vauxhall main dealer warranty experience, they were very good, kept me informed, gave me a courtesy car and even replaced the pads for the cost of the parts. All of which i wasnt expecting.

I can recommend them they give a very good service.

Oli

Edited by oli superb

• 4 months later...

They have a so-called "Happy sale!" on today and over the weekend.

I popped down, no salesmen in sight, a lot full of bland over-priced cars with a "discount" of less than what most peoples nan's could barter off :thumbdown:

• 3 months later...

I went down there today whilst I was picking my car up from Seat. Had a chat with the salesman and he was a nice guy, not pushy in slightest and happy for me to look around the car etc without hassling me.

Spoken to them there a couple of times about servicing and parts and always seem easy going but professional. Would seriously think about going to see them when I'm looking at changing cars.

• 1 month later...

Have my car serviced by them, the team deal with me very well and tell me everything whats going on and have very good loan cars. only downside is ive had a rattle on my car ever since ive owned it and everytime it goes in they do not solve the problem, also i recently opened my botten to find pieces of sponge under my airbox and the plastic ontop of my radiator.

i recently went up to look at the new fabia VRS went into thte showroom had a nice wellcome, sat in the car for about 5 mins playing with buttons etc noone didnt notice i was even there, i then walked out the showroom and went across to seat where i was dealt with.

• 6 months later...

a colleague of mine had his car service today and found the following:

He got courtesy car which on starting it the car told him he had 10 miles left to drive, so had to go round the corner and spend 20mins queuing to get fuel.

The car was in for a 96K service and MOT.

He got called to be told the car required:

Water temp sensor £107.51

bushes £100.01

bulb £11.53

wiper blade £18.17

coolant top up £8.94

oil 4.5litres - £56.21

so all in all £529.80

He is not happy with doing the work himself and looking at the paperwork they visually checked the car on arrival, mot'd the car failing it due to the NS Sidelight Bulb, replaced the bulb then passed the MOT.....

He'll go to a local garage next time and I don't blame him.

I would have raised hell over some of the prices, no wonder they call them "Main Stealers"

So far these guys REALLY aren't living up to the reviews left on here. Massively disappointed with them.

I'm trying to agree on a spec for £22,000 of car and so far I've had to chase them all the way. I had a quick response to my initial enquiry which looked promising but since then I've had 4 emails go ignored (I know they've received them because the sales guys acknowledged it when I spoke to him), I've made 3 phone calls to the sales guy (to be given various excuses) and he's promised 3 times (on different days) to return my call that day with prices and timescales - NOT ONCE HAS HE RETURNED MY CALL!

He genuinely doesn't even seem to remember me or what we were talking about each time I call.

To say we're supposed to be in a recession and everyone's fighting for business I didn't guess it would be so hard to spend £22,000 of my cash.

I'll give it one more go tomorrow with this guy - otherwise can anyone else on here recommend another dealer worth talking to?

So far these guys REALLY aren't living up to the reviews left on here. Massively disappointed with them.

I'm trying to agree on a spec for £22,000 of car and so far I've had to chase them all the way. I had a quick response to my initial enquiry which looked promising but since then I've had 4 emails go ignored (I know they've received them because the sales guys acknowledged it when I spoke to him), I've made 3 phone calls to the sales guy (to be given various excuses) and he's promised 3 times (on different days) to return my call that day with prices and timescales - NOT ONCE HAS HE RETURNED MY CALL!

He genuinely doesn't even seem to remember me or what we were talking about each time I call.

To say we're supposed to be in a recession and everyone's fighting for business I didn't guess it would be so hard to spend £22,000 of my cash.

I'll give it one more go tomorrow with this guy - otherwise can anyone else on here recommend another dealer worth talking to?

I am picking up my new car from them on thursday and am wondering who your salesman is as mine is not contacting me!

• 2 months later...

Simpsons?

My mummy always told me "If you've nothing nice to say, say nothing", so I'm saying nothing....

Oh hang on that's unfair, it's easy to get to, the showrooms nice and the coffee was passable.

• 2 weeks later...

A family friend is trying to find out as to when her Superb Estate is getting picked up from Grimsby as its been there nearly 6 six weeks now emoticon-0149-no.gif

It seems that Simpsons have gone from good to bad - have just collected my car after it was stuck in Grimsby for nearly 5 weeks and they blamed the transport company for the delay. Was given all sorts of crap in response and it was only when I spoke to a another dealer and me losing it with Simpsons did I find out that they only go as far as to look at their computer and not call to chase up. The transport company is ECM who can be called for a more detailed update and despite being told they cant, the dealers can request to pick up the car themselves to help speed up getting the car to their customer. Would never deal with them again, no sorry, no freebies to take smooth things over, hardly any fuel in the tank at hand over and I passed the sales guy on my way in (arrived early) taking it for a quick spin as he hadn't driven that model before

• 2 months later...

I personally purchased a used car from these guys back in January after fighting my way to the garage in poor conditions (snow) to be told when i arrived that i couldnt drive the car as it wasnt insured due to the extreme weather.

I purchased the car anyway and got them to deliver it for me due to the inconveniance of not getting a test drive.

It arrived with next to no fuel and dirty.

I thought they would deliver it on a trailer not get someone to drive it across 70 miles.

Since then I have taken it to an indepedant dealership who have checked the car thoroughly and found that all wheels were seized on and a bolt had been snapped in the rear hub the rear brake caliper nipples were both seized and the underside of the car had never been checked.

They basically told me that its had 3 oil changes as all of the filters etc were knackered.

When contacting the dealership they informed me that the wheels are not taken off as part of the multipoint check.

I will not be using this garage again as I think the standard they offer is poor.

• 1 month later...

I bought my car from these guys in 2007 (a 57 FabiaII 3, with a few extras, esp etc). At that time they were in their original smaller building. Craig Saint sold me the car. Never had a problem with them and if you did you could actually talk to someone reasonably. Was a great place.

Then they moved. All the good staff went, i.e. Craig, Stuart Marsden (I think) in servicing etc. Now all they care about is money. All the prices went up, service charges etc rose. I still had my first 3 years (warranty) servicing with them, but each service cost more than the last and they seemed to do less and less at each service. There were a few minor warranty covered replacements.

Then my first out of warranty service came. Now granted I wanted my cam belt changing as it was 4 years old. But they came back with loads of other issues. All the filters needed changing (I thought this was part of the service price.. not so), one rear caliper was sticking and to replace that and clean the brake disc etc it was going to be about £500, it needed new tyres which I knew about. There were minor issues such as rattles which I had always complained about....but they wanted £55 or so to investigate those. Also the last time I was in they supposedly order replacement inner A wings to stop the rattles (or course they had no record of this, although it was the same annoying service guy at the desk). So I paid for new filters and in all paid about £650 for a cam belt change, a service and a few filters.

So now I go to an independant and got the whole back brakes (Bosch caliper, disc etc on both sides) fixed for about £250 I think.

Never will I every go to Simpsons again. They have also put me off getting another Skoda, although I love my Fabby, which is a shame.

• 2 months later...

I had a phonecall yesterday from a company doing a survey for Skoda Uk regarding Car servicing, I informed them that due to Simpson's being as they are, expensive and always seem to find work that is definatly not needed. I take my Car to Seat for servicing (not the Seat garage in Preston, they are worse than Simpson's). When asked if I would buy another Skoda, I said that if they found me a local garage that wasn't a rip off merchant's I would thnk about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a phonecall yesterday from a company doing a survey for Skoda Uk regarding Car servicing, I informed them that due to Simpson's being as they are, expensive and always seem to find work that is definatly not needed. I take my Car to Seat for servicing (not the Seat garage in Preston, they are worse than Simpson's). When asked if I would buy another Skoda, I said that if they found me a local garage that wasn't a rip off merchant's I would thnk about it.

I always find it amazing that companies spend £££ on market research. A couple of hours on the net and you can find what the real consumer thinks about any product/company.

If Skoda UK want to know what their customers think - Its all here on Briskoda.

The cars are great but the dealers are cr@p.

• 4 months later...

I don't/didn't have high regard for Simpsons after problems with my Roomster order, But, a couple of weeks ago it went for its first service and warranty work. It was collected at 10am (the car is on Motability and Simpsons don't have an auto loan car) and returned at 4pm, serviced, washed and valeted. The nsr windows random open/closure had been repaired but parts were needed for the self opening roof blinds. Today, the car was collected at 10am, brought back at 4pm, washed and valeted with a Skoda magnetic catch modification fitted to the roofblind. Simpsons have now gone back up in my esteem.

• 5 months later...
Guest ProfesorDeBuceo

I know personal experience colours opinion, but I can honestly say in my all be it limited experience I can't fault them. True, having only had the car a month, I've really only dealt with the sales dept. but that was a pleasure - if you can say parting with £0000's is a pleasure.

It's refreshing to find a salesman who isn't pushy :giggle:

• 2 months later...

Well just had mine returned from it's 2nd service, nice guy that collected and returned it, dealership kept me informed throughout as I'd requested plus they changed my tailgate badge under warranty as I'd pointed out that it was subject to 'white worm', great I thought. However, once in the car with engine running I noticed that units were now reading in km rather than miles and the 1 click unlocking was disabled. Good job that I could put them back to how I had them set via maxidot, for goodness sake dealers leave owner settings as they are when you get the car!

• 1 month later...

I seem to get very good service or absymal service here. I ordered a brake switch last week from them, the guy said come and collect on Tuesday afternoon. So went today to pick up, but they didn't have it, so wasted journey and 1 hour lost at work! The guy even took my phone number and said he'd let me know if there was a problem.

I've also had a issue of steering pulling left since they last did my MOT (which ended up needing 2 new tyres, coil spring and ball joint replacement). Rang them and spoke to Simon and asked if the tracking had been checked, he said yes. A week later I rang again as I wanted to know if they had noted the tracking details, toe in/out etc. This time I spoke to Jamie and he said the tracking hadn't been done even though I'd been tolld that it had, he offered to check it on the next Saturday morning. So took car in on that Saturday to get it done, drove it for a bit and still wasn't happy as it was pulling left the same as before. The receipt did say that there had been a camber adjustment (I didn't think that was possible on an Octavia). Anyway mentioned this to Mike this afternoon, but got no response from him, with this and the part not turning up I was furious, I just had to leave the garage.

I really don't know what to do next, I've been going to that garage for years as they always seem to redeem themselves, but now I'm thinking it may be time to move on.

• 3 months later...

Had an odd event occur myself just recently. 

Bought a Yeti from them 3yrs ago. Phil Wadsworth was service manager then. Good with customers and had a sense of humour.

All service staff seems to have changed in the last 2 yrs. and now seems to have all the charm of a doctors waiting room! (Bring back Phil!)

Anyway had some 'good' service from them over the years, Oddly enough, just gave them a glowing report via Skoda's feedback system after a recent visit, although that may have been a pre-mature. 

I approached (10/6/13) them to repair a small dent in top of body(elastic 'bungie' recoil!!) and Simon from service desk reckoned £225-00. Slight intake of breath, but then Phil's replacement (Jamie Fletcher) had a look and  quoted £230-00. Thought I better book it before it went up another £5 LOL. Booked it in for Mon 24/6/13.

Then just before due date Simon called me and said they would have to cancel the job as they could not guarantee the 'quality' of the job would be up to my "exacting standards" and they recommended a local body shop. (Even higher cost!) Simon mentioned possibility  of 'orange peel' (fluid in line, usually oil from compressor causes that and is beginners stuff for a body shop paint guy).  I suspect it was not Simon's call but was from a higher source. 

I should point out that they were aware of me taking on a repair company and causing plenty of grief after truly appalling service throughout. ( Still got the paperwork)

One of my customers actually ended up doing the job to my "exacting standards" and no where near their prices.

Now 3yr warranty has run out and it's overdue for the 3 year service and they usually contact me and they haven't so I guess they don't want my business any more. LOL

Know a 'Roomster'  owner that experienced this sort of strange behaviour and met an Octavia owner with similar tales only last week.  What are the odds?

So I guess from this experience, I can only conclude, that things have changed down in Preston and your fine with them, as long as you are not too fussy!

Or have I got it wrong? Answers on a postcard.................

P.S. Already lined up new 'service' contact who teaches this sort of stuff every day. No worries then!

Kettle on then..............

I know personal experience colours opinion, but I can honestly say in my all be it limited experience I can't fault them. True, having only had the car a month, I've really only dealt with the sales dept. but that was a pleasure - if you can say parting with £0000's is a pleasure.

It's refreshing to find a salesman who isn't pushy :giggle:

Give them time!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ProfesorDeBuceo

Several months on and still no really issues with them, apart from the fact that the parts dept seems to stock hardly anything. :yawn:

Several months on and still no really issues with them, apart from the fact that the parts dept seems to stock hardly anything. :yawn:

Most dealers don't these days - but they should be able get get it from TPS within 24 hours.

• 1 month later...

Well blow me! Just had a call from Simpsons to let me know my service is due and would I like to book it now with them over the phone. (Was due June, so a bit late, 3 months on) Looks like they can't 'meet my standards' on a paint job (See previous post, didn't want my custom then! )  but can with a service.

Must be quiet this time of year. Now let me think if I want them to do my service...................................