Startin Skoda - Powick.

DGW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just had cambelt + MOT.

£426 all in. A wee bit more than I have read on here...

As impressed as I always am by them. Someone came to pick up the car from work, car was delivered back before 4pm and was all sparkly clean.

A big :thumbup: from me again.

• 6 years later...

On Wednesday, I was driving locally, when all of a sudden, a buzzer sounded and a red coolant alert appeared on the dashboard. Fortunately, I was only 4 miles away from my usual Skoda garage, Startin of Powick, near Worcester. When I arrived, I looked at the coolant reservoir and found it to be empty.

The service staff, especially Stephen, couldn't have been more helpful and, within 15 minutes I was on my way in a new Roomster Scout courtesy car. I received a call later the same afternoon advising my car was ready for collection.

On arrival, I was informed that the water pump had packed up; not what you'd expect of a 35 month old car. This necessitated a new water pump, timing belt, tensioner and coolant, to the grand tune of £611. At least it was the leasing company picking up the bill. It was also fortunate that the garage had a water pump in stock.

I count myself lucky that I was able to get to my usual garage, rather than being stranded with an overheated engine miles away from home. I cannot commend Startin highly enough- they dealt with my unscheduled visit very efficiently, as if this kind of occurence happens every day. I've used this same garage for the last nine years and have always found their service staff to be friendly, courteous and knowledgeable.

I have very mixed dealings with them and, despite them being my nearest dealer, am reluctant to go back there for service or spares.

I do feel the customer facing service team went up a notch with the appointment of one new member of staff earlier this year, but the actual mechanic team went downhill last year when one left (a Briskodian as well).

As for the parts team.... Hot one week, cold the next.

I'm pleased they were very accommodating to you; it shows your nine years may just count for something.

• 4 weeks later...

I have very mixed dealings with them and, despite them being my nearest dealer, am reluctant to go back there for service or spares.

I do feel the customer facing service team went up a notch with the appointment of one new member of staff earlier this year, but the actual mechanic team went downhill last year when one left (a Briskodian as well).

As for the parts team.... Hot one week, cold the next.

I'm pleased they were very accommodating to you; it shows your nine years may just count for something.

Sorry to hear this KBPhoto next time you need a service or a part let me know and I will try my best to give you a better service or drop me a email at [email protected]. ( aftersales manager ) @ Startin skoda Edited by Scottskoda
  • Like 1

I had a warranty job done on my Yeti at Startin's and to be honest wasn't too impressed with them either.

My wife wanted a lift ( in my own car would be fine) to local shopping centre while they worked on vehicle. She was told to catch the bus opposite the garage as the normal driver was on holiday. Yet the showroom was full of staff.

Had it been me dropping the car off ( around trip of about 65 miles from our home ) I would have drove the car out and taken it elsewhere and I told the girl on the service desk that too. Unfortunately fault reoccurred on the vehicle after we picked it up!

They did lend me a courtesy car on the second visit as it took them a week to sort out a faulty headlight but I had to keep ringing to find out information.

Admittedly, we didn't purchase car from them as the couldn't match offer from another dealer, but this should have no bearing on customer service.

Yeti is now nearly due for service and debating were to take it after this episode.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

I took my 2015 vRS there last year to check why the lane assist/HBA assist wasn't working (obvious fault - the heater plate had distorted). They then sent me images of the part that had a 2016 date sticker on it - car is a 2016 MY - and they refused to cover any of it under warranty. £21 for the part plus fitting and £499 for calibration. Told them no leave it then. Went to collect car and found the windscreen had cracked directly above the camera, informed the service department who agreed whilst stood next to the car to supply and fit a new screen with calibration. Two weeks late took the car back for them to do the screen, picked it up - no calibration done, thats £499 please. Then to top it off, noticed when i washed it a week later that they had damaged the paint on the A pillars when removing the screen. So another trip back to get the paint sorted -all of this took 3 visits (35 miles each way, plus time off work) and all i got out of it in the end was the new heater plate fitted FOC (i had to pay for the part as well!) and no refund of the original £120 diagnostics charge.

Certainly won't be going back.