EBC Brakes

ScoobyChris

After carefully and patiently bedding in a new set of green stuff, I've just got home from a spirited, but not mental drive down some back roads and concluded that they are just plain dangerous! They will be coming off and changed for something reasonable as soon as possible.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I've used both the Greenstuff and newer Redstuffs on my old Clio 182. I've used them both on track and on road and couldn't fault them! I'd certainly be getting Redstuffs for the vRS when the time comes.

I suspect the Greenstuffs are going to struggle on the Octys as there's a lot more weight to bring to a stop than a Clio.

Had two sets of Ferodo DS2500's on my vRS and Passat. When I picked the audi up I was finding the £150 price a bit hard to swallow so I had a look at some redstuffs till I experienced them in an Mk2 vRS with porsche setup. Needless to say i've got a third set of DS2500's in the post as we speak rather than redstuff.

I thought the DS2500's could be a bit noisy, there nothing compared to the redstuffs, i've heard quieter group A rally cars coming to a stop :p

Does anyone know the part number for the EBC Redstuff pads for a mk1 vRS?

Or should I get the Ferodo pads maybe?

Also, what's the part number for the revised rear pads from Skoda?

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't even consider giving EBC greenstuff space on a shelf in my shed ....they would probably warp it and would definately feel as wooden lol ....I have tried both old and new and have to say absolute pap with very little feel... ferodo,s every time even at twice the price !!!!:o