Fabia tyre pressures

Hey guys and gals,

Managed to get hold of Autodata, and got it to spit out the tyre pressures for (what i think) all Fabia models...

Hope this is of use to peeps!

TyrePressures.jpg

Edited by bomski

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

What tyre pressue should i use on a Fabia Combi 1.9 TDI with 215/40/17 on 8x17 rims?

Currently im running around 2.6bar -> 37-38 PSI all round - a little on the high side.

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone tell me what the tyre pressures are supposed to be for a 54 plate vRS? I thought it was 32psi on the front and 33 on the rear (which is what mine are currently at), but the front ones look a little flat, especially when the car is parked on a kerb.

AFAIK it's 34 front (2.3 bar?) and 2.1 bar on the back - it should be on the label inside your filler cap.

Makes a huge difference to ride quality I've found - with a touch too little pressure the wheel seems to 'absorb' every bit of every bump, when correct it sort of bounces over.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have 1.4 tdi classic (54 plate) The petrol, erm, filler cap states higher presures. For 165 70s it says:

2.3 / 2.1 unladden (f/r)

2.3 /3.0 (42psi!) laden

Sounds high - don't think my tenpenny inflator will get that high :-(

DaveF

What tyre pressue should i use on a Fabia Combi 1.9 TDI with 215/40/17 on 8x17 rims?

Currently im running around 2.6bar -> 37-38 PSI all round - a little on the high side.

Fabia vRS with 205/40/17 on Audi TT 17's, lowered KW coil-overs front and rear, 30 psi in front tyres and 28 psi in the rears.

• 1 month later...
Fabia vRS with 205/40/17 on Audi TT 17's, lowered KW coil-overs front and rear, 30 psi in front tyres and 28 psi in the rears.

I think you're wrong there. The only thing that makes a difference to the presures is the weight of the vehicle, wheel/tyre combo is irrelevant.

In fact running a wider lower profile tyre will cause the edges to wear more due to the stiffer sidewalls so more pressure would bring the centre of tread back into better contact.

Just run the pressures as stated for the standard car or a few pounds over if you want better fuel economy at the expense of slight ride quality reduction.

Irrespective of what width tyres your car has fitted the contact patch is exactly the same for any given car as the weight hasn't altered so the tyre area can't.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:thumbup:Thanks very much, took delivery of my 56 plate elegence yesterday, and have been reading through all the documentation today, and could I hell as like find any reference to the tyre pressures. Didn't even know about the fuel cap info, cos I haven't needed to put any in yet.

Thanks again, great stuff.

Cheers, Trev.

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi,

Running a 2006 Fabia 1.4 TDI on the Autodata pressures is a bone shaking ride.

I have experimented and find that (in old money) 29 psi Front and 30 psi Rear - give a far safer and comfortable ride.

DB.