Project Q-Felicia

TeflonTom

not sure as yet, but the 'off the shelf' offerings from the likes of piper may not be suitable for what i'm doing.... i may end up getting a custom grind done instead.....

more updates on the project tomorrow

not sure as yet, but the 'off the shelf' offerings from the likes of piper may not be suitable for what i'm doing.... i may end up getting a custom grind done instead.....

more updates on the project tomorrow

might be a very wise choice sir as the engine characteristics are going to be governed to a large extent by the TB's

may need to use the cam to make the engine more responsive low down, or, more likely on 8v rightness you'll need it to open up the breathing somewhat at the top end?

Interesting project. The AEE is allegedly quite a tunable lump - would be interesting to see if you manage to maintain the torque levels whilst increasing the bhp from the measly 75 it offers as standard! :)

i've allways liked the aee lump personally.... i've tuned one up before too. i do have a few tricks up my sleeve this time, plus quite a lot of experience from the last time i 'kitted' one up....

like you say, trying to keep low down torque whilst maintaining a high peak output is a difficult challenge

they have a static flow rating of 250cc per miniute when used at 43.5psi (3 bars) pressure.... but i need to run them at 2.5 bars because the felicia in-tank fuel pump wont be able to cope with that fuel pressure.....

i had to estimate the BSFC figure, but .50 sounds roughly right....

in which case these are good for approx 140bhp when used at 70% duty cycle

they have a static flow rating of 250cc per miniute when used at 43.5psi (3 bars) pressure.... but i need to run them at 2.5 bars because the felicia in-tank fuel pump wont be able to cope with that fuel pressure.....

i had to estimate the BSFC figure, but .50 sounds roughly right....

in which case these are good for approx 140bhp when used at 70% duty cycle

I know that any bmw e30 in tank pump is rated to 3.0 bar...... worth digging one out and seeing.

high flow rate on those injectors-plenty of scope for getting more out without hitting 100% cycle

as for torque, like I said, trumpet lengths can tue that to an extent, also get a dual rated cam?? TSR used to do them

i've ordered some throttle bodies which are 80mm long.... so for the time being i'm going to go for 100mm trumpets...... i may go longer than that after i've had a go on the dyno....

and i'm deffinately going to use a felicia fuel pump because at least i know it fits!! and 2.5 bar regulators are easy enough to come by anyway

what do you mean by dual rated cam??? do you mean split timing?? or asymetric timing?? it's not a term i'm familiar with

yeah I mean that the cam has a lower durtion during low end of rev range, then moves to higher duration at higher rpm...

hard to describe.

re fuel pump, suppose if it aint broken, dont fix it:thumbup:

yeah I mean that the cam has a lower durtion during low end of rev range, then moves to higher duration at higher rpm...

:confused: surely you can't possibly do that with a cam?? the lobes will be ground to a set duration and this wont change regardless of how fast it's going??

hard to describe.

re fuel pump, suppose if it aint broken, dont fix it:thumbup:

It aint a VTEC or VVT engine..lol

some of the supercharged versions (g40, g60 etc) have assymetric timing, whereas the inlet has a longer duration the an the exhaust, in fact in some engines this is benificial and is a good way to reclaim some bottom end torque

some of the supercharged versions (g40, g60 etc) have split timing, whereas the inlet has a longer duration the an the exhaust, in fact in some engines this is benificial and is a good way to reclaim some bottom end torque

So i'm no losing my marbles then:thumbup: