Project Q-Felicia

TeflonTom

hi all,

been a busy bee today! i made two spacers for the fuel rail mountings today from that piece of aluminium bar i bought off ebay.

manifoldinjectors.jpg

this is what is looks like so far, still waiting for the throttle bodies to arrive.

hi all,

been a busy bee today! i made two spacers for the fuel rail mountings today from that piece of aluminium bar i bought off ebay.

manifoldinjectors.jpg

this is what is looks like so far, still waiting for the throttle bodies to arrive.

Looking excellent sir!

can I ask- are the spaces bonded? iirc the bar was solid- or did you drill them to bolt on the fuel rail using original mounting points but longer bolts?

the fuel rail had 45mm long M6 studs sticking out for the fuel rail mounting points, i replaced these with 70mm long studs... the spacers i made are 26.6mm long and heve have an M6 thread in the centre so they screw onto the mounting studs... my ex-boss let me use a lathe in his workshop at lunch time today for five miniutes to quickly make them..... life is so much easier when you have the right tools/equipment!!!

right, been doing a bit of research today... and it seems i'm going to have to strip part of my home made loom down again.... basically i need to think of some way of incorporating an idle speed control valve into the trottle bodies.....

anywho, a nice man called dave at emerald has come up with a solution for me but unfortunately i need to take a ignition controlled 12v feed and run in a new wire to pin 3 on the main ecu plug....... i'm still not sure exactly where i'm going to mount the idle valve yet, but in between the throttle bodies on the underside of the intake manifold looks like a good candidate to me

this is the little baby i want to use

idlevalve.jpg

basically how it works, you connect the inlet side to the air filter, or in my case a minature breather filter, then the other side connects up somewhere upstream of the throttle bodies, or in my case via a tube to all 4 idle bypass connections on the throttle bodies..

the valve allows a certain amount of air to bypass the throttle plates when the throttle butterflies are in the closed position, and thus allowing the engine to idle... and obviously the more air that enters at idle, the faster the idle speed will be, this is done by pulsing the soleniod inside the valve

it may well have been fitted to a bmw but i'm not too sure with bmw's.... this particular one is made by bosch, and it was fitted to the mk2 golf gti (digifant) and the later mk3 golf 8v gti

it may well have been fitted to a bmw but i'm not too sure with bmw's.... this particular one is made by bosch, and it was fitted to the mk2 golf gti (digifant) and the later mk3 golf 8v gti

yeah bosch stuff is standard to most late 80's germanic tin.

so its just a mk2 8v gti one then? ace- should be ok.

I'd bung it fu of carb claner before you fit it though and give it a good old shake about:thumbup:

I'd bung it fu of carb claner before you fit it though and give it a good old shake about:thumbup:

will do:thumbup:

but to be honest, i'm just going to use the one i've got as a tester.... if it's any good i'll buy a brand spanking new one to fit on there instead

been a bit busy lately so i havn't been thinking about the 'ole felly' for a few days.

here's my latest ebay purchase

bracket.jpg

it cost me a meagre 99p plus postage, it may not look like much, but it is the bracket for holding the ISCV from the mk3 golf gti onto the top of the ntake manifold, surprisingly these are very difficult to remove without taking the intake manifold off, so this is a nice little rare find..

throttle bodies still not arrived yet tho.

i did kinda make my own throttle body once for one of my old lupo's that i did a conversion on...

i bored the throttle body through to a large size, then machined up a new larger throttle butterfly for it... it's really hard because the throttle butterflies aren't round they are kinda oval

i did kinda make my own throttle body once for one of my old lupo's that i did a turbo conversion on...

i bored the throttle body through to a large size, then machined up a new larger throttle butterfly for it... it's really hard because the throttle butterflies aren't round they are kinda oval

I can imagine:confused:

how much did you pay for the throttle bodies? any more than a

I once had a few laps of Knockhill in an Integra Type-R running Fireblade throttle bodies.

T'was quite nippy (roughly 240bhp with other mods) and sounded the mutts nuts with the combinations of ITBs and VTEC.

They were running the track in reverse, and it was tipping down so the car was about the fastest out there on the night (compared to various Elises/Exiges a Radical, Scoobies, etc.) - it was stripped out and running Yoko Paradas which helped also.

Good luck with the project, very interesting reading (if a little bamboozling at times for the layman like me :lol:)

not the most intersting of things, but i've been scouring the scrap yard for stuff again today

DSCF0190.jpg

a mk1 octy TD gave up one of it's Y-piece hoses, and two little non-return valves which i'm going to use to connect the throttle bodies to the brake servo vacuum port.

cant spell ether.

:iagree:

no, they still not here yet... had a call from them on tuesday saying there's been a hold up because they needed to know which side i want the TPS to be!!!! i told them i'm not bothered because i will just adjust the wiring loom to suit... but i'd prefer it on the left, which is where they normally are:mad:

:iagree:

no, they still not here yet... had a call from them on tuesday saying there's been a hold up because they needed to know which side i want the TPS to be!!!! i told them i'm not bothered because i will just adjust the wiring loom to suit... but i'd prefer it on the left, which is where they normally are:mad:

Bloody hell.. Are they using a "My first TB ket" to make them....:mad: