Skoda Felicia cam belt

thanks for the info. not what i wanted to hear but not your fault. dont shoot the messenger and all that! i have had quotes of around 250 quid! not happy with that for 2 hours work but better than shuveling bits off the m6 once its blown maybe!

Just shop around, i use a backsteet garage, it's just an oily three car shed really, dirt cheap, i cannot fault his work and even quite big businesses use it for fleet services, so he is really busy.

For cambelts in the last 3 years i think i paid

volvo 360 =

That all sounds good in fact its made my weekend! I think a spell on the phone could save me a much needed bundle. I don't want to push it but if anyone knows a reasonable garage in the bristol area they have used and would recommend that would be fantastic hears hoping and thanks for the news so far.

After much phoning i have got the price for cam belt and pulleys down to 190 quid parts labour and vat, the mechanic said he will use genuine parts and i can only trust he will. I don't know the garage but i think it may be a one man one ramp establishment but none the worst for that as long as all turns out OK. Its booked in for Tuesday of next week so as long as the old girl lasts till then that should be that!

The job is done! nice chap, looked like him and his son, working in a small workshop one car at a time. All done in 3 hours when i returned to pick it up the old belt, pulleys and packaging for the new parts was on the floor for me to see. Also my old air filter black and full of flies. He said he had changed it as it was so bad! to be honest i thought here we go he is trying to bump the price up! Nothing of the sort the bill came to 190 quid as quoted that was a ray of sunshine in an otherwise dull day. I came home on the M5 well pleased. So if you live south of Bristol and want to know where to go to find him to have work done let me know. Thanks to all for there previous suggestions:thumbup:

• 9 years later...