Skoda Bluetooth Phone Compatibility

Having had my kit installed this morning I thought it might be useful to start a thread of handsets that are fully compatible, ie allow address book etc to be updated etc

Fully Compatible

• Apple iPhone 2G with firmware 1.1.2 SIM locked
  • Apple iPhone 2G with firmware 1.1.4 unlocked
  • Apple iPhone 3G
  • Nokia 6230i
  • Nokia 6233
  • Nokia 6310i
  • Nokia 6500 classic
  • Sony Ericsson C902
  • Sony Ericsson K750i
  • Sony Ericsson K850i
  • Sony Ericsson W810i
  • Sony Ericsson W880i
  • Samsung G600
  • Samsung Tocco
  • Blackberry Pearl
  • Blackberry Curve 8310
  • Sony Ericsson K810i
  • Samsung U600
  • Motorola L6
  • HTC Trinity (Orange SPV M700)- Fully Compatible if a SAP is enabled and contacts on Sim.
  • HTC MTeoR (Breeze)
  • HTC Touch Cruise
  • HTC Touch Diamond
  • HTC TyTn II
  • HTC S720
  • T-mobile G1 / HTC Dream
  • 02 XDA (HTC)
  • Sony Ericsson P1i

Partially Compatible

• Motorizr z8 (Doesn't show phonebook or call lists)
  • Nokia E65 (Does not allow address book to be downloaded - Might work with same solution as N95 below)
  • Nokia N95 (Does not allow call lists to be downloaded)
  • Nokia 6680 (Does not allow address book and last calls to be downloaded)
  • Orange M3100 SPV - Hermes (Full compatability with the phonebook, slight bug with the phone in that when the screen goes into standby it loses the BT connection to the car. Temporary fix is to set the screen so it doesnt turn off on battery)
  • Sony Ericsson K650i (Does not allow address book to be downloaded)
  • LG KU990 (Viewty) (Does not allow address book to be downloaded)
  • HP hw6915 - Address book does not transfer AND Bluetooth connection lost after 5-15mins

Not Compatible

• None reported

Thanks to Fluffmeister for his research on the Symbian Phone Solution -

1. Download Nokia 810 Contact Download Application for Nokia S60 3rd edition devices and install it using Nokia PC Suite.

2. Remove all pairing to the carkit from the phone.

3. Make sure Bluetooth is turned off on the phone.

4. Sit in the car with the ignition on so that the Bluetooth kit is switched on.

5. Run the Contact Download Application on the phone.

6. Follow the prompts to enable the Bluetooth and connect to the car.

7. The contacts will be transferred, it may take a couple of minutes.

Thanks to DanGB for the links -

Look here: SEAT Bluetooth Compatability List - SEAT Cupra.net

and here: SEAT.co.uk > Bluetooth Compatibility List

Please post below and I will update the initial post to keep the list up to date :thumbup:

Edited by roo
More info added

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Further to the above, based on my own personal experience I can provide further details regarding compatability of some Blackberry handsets and a couple of others.

In order to be 100% compatabile with the bluetooth kit a handset needs to support RSAP (Remote SIM Access Profiles). At the time of writing Blackberry (and also iPhone) do not support this mechanism for security reasons.

Even without RSAP capabilities your handset may still function to some degree.

Blackberry Pearl 8100

• This handset is NOT 100% compatable with the bluetooth kit.
  • Making and recieving calls is supported and works in conjunction with the multi-function steering wheel when coded to initiate voice activation.
  • Phone book download from phone memory (or connected contacts via BES) is supported
  • Call logs are NOT downloaded to the kit. Some documentation states that only calls made and recieved when the handset is connected to the bluetooth kit will appear in the call logs. However this is not the case - all call logs remain empty. This is due to this particular Pearl model having an older implementation of the Bluetooth protocol stack compared with the 8120/8130.
  • If you are also connected to the Columbus/MFD3 head unit, all functions except display of the network provider are supported.

Blackberry Pearl 8120

• This handset is 100% compatable with the bluetooth kit.
  • Making and recieving calls is supported and works in conjunction with the multi-function steering wheel when coded to initiate voice activation.
  • Phone book download from phone memory (or connected contacts via BES) is supported.
  • Call logs are downloaded to the kit. Some documentation states that only calls made and recieved when the handset is connected to the bluetooth kit will appear in the call logs. However this is not the case - all call logs are synchornised with the handset and you will see these downloaded prior to the phone book when connecting your handset for the first time.
  • If you are also connected to the Columbus/MFD3 head unit, all functions except display of the network provider are supported. (works on rare occasions)

Samsung G600

100% compatible with both the bluetooth kit and Columbus/MFD3

Sony Ericsson K750i

100% compatible with both the bluetooth kit and Columbus/MFD3

Edited by madfiddler

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can anybody with a HTC diamond that has got it to work let me know which ROM and RADIO ROM they are using please?:confused:

I have flashed so many different combinations of phone rom and radio rom but I still can not get it to work at all. I've no pin numbers active, enabled rSAP etc but still no joy. Any help would be GREATLY recieved.

The system you have in your car will be different to that being reffered to here. I have the HTC Touch Diamond and it works perfectly with the 1Z control unit which is reffered to here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
trying to get my nokia 5800 to download the phonebook with the skoda handsfree kit, anyone tried? I'm going to try the symbian solution this morning... cheers

As far as I am aware the symbian solution you mention is for S60 v3 only, so best to see what exact version of Symbian that phone has, I have had a quick google but couldnt see anything obvious.

Even if the contacts app loads and works, its a complete pain in the *** TBH.

So much so, I sold a much loved N95 8GB for a SE c902, which works faultlessly with the Skoda OEM.

Incidently, the Nokia n95 I now have from my work, works much better with my Bury CC9060 car kit in my freelander, downloads the phonebook and missed calls etc with no user input!! Why wont symbian phones do it with the Skoda OEM if they do it with other kits?

Steve

Blackberry Bold (BB 9000) works, however latest OS will not display "carrier" name on the RNS screen, simply "no network". Did work fine in previous OS version this bug appears after upgade.

Latest OS details:

OS v4.6.0.216 (Platform 4.0.0.183)

BT v1.1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm very grateful to find this discussion thread as I've just got an Octavia Scout with the Columbus nav/media system and, while I'm totally happy weith everything else, I just don't know where to start with the phone system. The handbook talks about having to have additional software installed but does not say how to acquire this or how to set up the system from scratch. My phone used to link up to my old TomTom GPS with no trouble, but now it looks as if I have to start all over with t new phone. So I have to go back to the dealer to get this set up or what? Any advice would be very welcome.

Many thanks, Mike

You need to have the OE Skoda bluetooth kit for any of this to work. without it installed you will not be able to use the phone feature on the columbus unit.

• 2 weeks later...
Can I add to this...

100% supported (in my findings)

iPaq 914

iPaq 514

Blackberry Curve 8900

Blackberry Pearl 8120

Hope that helps.

Lee.

thanks - pearl 8120 is already on the list above, but note minor incompatability when using with the columbus satnav

cheers

mf

• 2 weeks later...

I am also struggling with the new Nokia 5800 XpressMusic. Which is a fantastic phone in every respect other than it won't download the phonebook to my Columbus! The normal Nokia Car Kit software applications don't work on the 5800 (unlike on my old N95) because the 5800 uses the latest version of the Symbian software (v5).

Anyone out there come up with a fix!?!?!

• 2 weeks later...

I have just taken delivery of a Nokia 6220 Classic. I didn't realise that it was a Symbian phone at first however it is v3.

I installed the 616 car kit software and I get partial compatability. I can see the phonebook and network name but dialled, missed and received calls are not available.

It also looks as if all contacts you wish to see must be on the SIM.

Oh well partially successful.:o

Hmmm, not sure if this is a phone or BT kit problem.

Upgraded from a SE K800i to a HTC Touch Diamond2. An amazing piece of gadget phone, paired with the car fine, downloaded all the contacts fine (none were on the SIM but I enabled SIM access just in case), the car kit now doesn't make a ringing noise though.....

The first I know that someone's rung is by glancing at the Maxi-dot with the Incoming Call screen. Once I accept the call using the stalk the radio mutes and all is normal.

I'm at a loss at how to enable the ring from the car kit, or why in this instance it isn't working.

Any ideas?

Niall