Skoda Bluetooth Phone Compatibility

I have just taken delivery of a Nokia 6220 Classic. I didn't realise that it was a Symbian phone at first however it is v3.

I installed the 616 car kit software and I get partial compatability. I can see the phonebook and network name but dialled, missed and received calls are not available.

It also looks as if all contacts you wish to see must be on the SIM.

Oh well partially successful.:o

Oh well it looks like I may have been mistaken.

Connecting to the car is a bit hit or miss and whether you get the phone book is also hit or miss.

Fortunately Virgin Mobile allow you to change up to 28 days do I have exercised my right and a new one is coming on Tuesday.

Feckin Tocco Lite doesn't work either. Fails to transfer the address book. I spoke to Samsung about it and they say the Bluetooth is different between the Lite, Tocco and Tocco Ultra.

It should be fine. You will need a car kit to use it when the audio goes :(

I've now found out what you mean about the audio going, speaker went last weekend when I was in Azerbaijan, but on the plus side got a brand new one for free from orange and the new one now shoes "ORANGE" in the display on the MFD3

• 3 weeks later...

anyone had problems with the iphone 3gs on v3.0? mine had no problem when i paired it, but tonight it disconnected from the car and wouldnt reconnect leaving maxidot with the message "please reconnect phone"

• 3 weeks later...

TOSHIBA TG01 is NOT compatible, according to Toshiba.:( Lets hope that the hack posted in http://briskoda.net/superb-ii/howto-get-rsap-working-columbus-rns510-using-non-compatible-mobile/131709/ will work!

Dear Jim,

Sorry for the late response however, I have been out of the office.

Unfortunately the TG01 does not support rSAP and so it may not be what you are looking for.

I can confirm that the Bluetooth profiles present in the TG01 are as follows,

A2DP

AVRCP

DUN

GAVDP

HFP 1.5

HID

HSP

IOPT

OPP

PAN

PBAP

Normal Bluetooth connectivity will be fine however.

Sorry if this is not such good news for you.

Best Regards,

Konrad Szombara

Customer & Technical Support Service Manager

Mobile Communications Division

Toshiba Information Systems ( UK ) Ltd

• 1 month later...
Feckin Tocco Lite doesn't work either. Fails to transfer the address book. I spoke to Samsung about it and they say the Bluetooth is different between the Lite, Tocco and Tocco Ultra.

Yes..had the same experience with the Tocco lite......bloody annoying!!

The old Nokia I had was perfect....think i'll go back to them

HTC Hero seems to be compatible as well.

However, there appears to be some issues, as phone bluetooth connection seems to disconnect every now and then (happened to me once or twice in two weeks). I suspect it to be an Android issue, so while it appears to be fully compatible with Octavia, issues in bluetooth may cause some problems occasionally.

EDIT: Yes, looks like Android 1.5 error, as with the new 2.1 version of Android, I don't get disconnects, but sometimes it has issues connecting to Skoda after starting the car. Usually I just turn off bluetooth on Hero, and turn it back on, so it might be that it would connect after waiting a few minutes...or not.

Edited by jpalo

• 1 month later...

I've just taken delivery of my FL Octavia vRS. I spec'd it with the bluetooth option having read through the list at the start of this thread which states that the Sony Ericsson K750i is 100% compatible.

I've tried to pair my phone with the car, and despite it being detected it refuses to work; the maxidot displaying 'this phone is not compatible'.:(

Does anyone know how to get the 750i work, or has the bluetooth system fitted to newer cars moved on and made this list now obsolete?

Edited by shrikep15

Hmmm, not sure if this is a phone or BT kit problem.

Upgraded from a SE K800i to a HTC Touch Diamond2. An amazing piece of gadget phone, paired with the car fine, downloaded all the contacts fine (none were on the SIM but I enabled SIM access just in case), the car kit now doesn't make a ringing noise though.....

The first I know that someone's rung is by glancing at the Maxi-dot with the Incoming Call screen. Once I accept the call using the stalk the radio mutes and all is normal.

I'm at a loss at how to enable the ring from the car kit, or why in this instance it isn't working.

Any ideas?

Niall

really sorry to hear that,

I think I was the one who posted the K750i worked - for me it did no hassle at all

my OEM BT kit is less than a year old - if there is a newer version of it I would be surpised if they made it less compatible

it could well be a phone firmware incompatability

I'm sorry I can;t check my K750i now becasue I have a new phone and passed it on to someone else

perhpas some other members here have that phoen working OK and can help?

Just checked an HTC Magic (aka G2, I think?!), and that worked fine - fully compatible.

I've also got the Magic and under v1.5 firmware it wasn't as good as a 'normal' phone with the different car kits that it's paired to (non Skoda) but haven't yet tried it with the new 1.6 firmware though so it may have improved - I'm not holding my breath though:orb_phone

I've tried several times again today, unsuccessfully, to pair my K750i with the BT in my FL vRS.

Would those who has been successful (unclebulgaria / madfiddler?) please explain if they had to do anything differently to standard pairing procedure?

I'm getting really frustrated as I'm perfectly happy with my phone and don't want to have to change it, particuarly for a Nokia as I'm not a fan of their phones.

Can't remember doing anything special. IIRC I just searched for BT device and it found "Skoda_UHV"; put the correct pin in and that was it! I would go out and check for you except I had to hand it in today; ready to exchange for the Nokia! Guess I'll find out soon enough if the E71 works or not!

Have you tried other phones to make sure the BT is working in the car? And have you tried any other BT hands free with your K750i? Finally are you using the newest firmware on your K750i? I seem to remember there were some real issues with it early on and there were stacks of firmware updates. we ended up having to hand all our handsets back at one point for a firmware issue.

Just a thought.

HTH

Thanks for the info Unclebulgaria, I've already tried all the things you've suggested without any luck . The BT on the phone definetely works as I had it paired with a parrot kit in my Astra, and according to the SE update website it's running the latest firmware.

A friend's HTC windows mobile device has paired correctly, so I can only assume it's got to be something to do with Sony Ericsson phones as K550i also gave the same message.

Looks like I might have to admit defeat and buy a new phone.

• 1 month later...

The HTC HD2 works beautifully on my Octavia with 3 spoke steering wheel. Full transfer of contacts to the car. Perfect connection as I get in the car (bluetooth on in phone and ignition on) and disconnects properly when I switch off the car.

Thanks for the info Unclebulgaria, I've already tried all the things you've suggested without any luck . The BT on the phone definetely works as I had it paired with a parrot kit in my Astra, and according to the SE update website it's running the latest firmware.

A friend's HTC windows mobile device has paired correctly, so I can only assume it's got to be something to do with Sony Ericsson phones as K550i also gave the same message.

Looks like I might have to admit defeat and buy a new phone.

I know this thread is about iPhone:http://briskoda.development.scalr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=161735 but it explains that the BT in the FL Octy is different to the Premium BT most of us fitted. It seems that you need a phone with rSAP & i'm guessing that the k750i won't have it! Guess i've just found another reason for hanging onto what i've got!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

HTC Hero seems to be compatible as well.

Huh? How sure are you of this? I can't get Android to work at all on my Columbus... As far as I know, the Hero (or any other Android phone for that matter) does not have rSAP on its bluetooth stack, thus not enabling proper Columbus integration?

Or am I missing something here? :)

EDIT: err, perhaps I must say that I drive a Superb II, with the factory-fitted BT-kit, which is perhaps different than BT-kits fitted to other models?

Edited by cloink

Well today I am a happy man.

I fitted a version C Factory Bluetooth unit (man. Sept 09) to my FL vRS, coded it with VCDS & the Blackberry 8900 Curve worked flawlessly, I upgraded my phone to an I Phone 3GS on Vodafone yesterday & was fully expecting the "computer says no" type of response from the head unit.

But no, it connected first time to my Columbus (also man. Sept 09 FW 1164), downloaded my contacts from the phone, call lists etc etc. It all works perfectly, perhaps the new firmware from Apple is RSap compatible after all?

Interestingly enough, the Bluetooth unit on my car is transmitting a "Volkswagen" name, not a Skoda UHV as others do, the Bluetooth was going to be a deal breaker for the I Phone, but I guess its had a reprieve.

Cheers

Graham