Skoda Bluetooth Phone Compatibility

il look into it , cheers for your help

Pop

Have you had any luck with pairing. I just got the HTC One on Saturday 14/9/13 and am having the same issues. It wont pair. If I had known this I wouldn't have got the HTC One. Great phone but I need to have a phone that works in my car. 

still no luck mate. iv tried a few apps but the furthest i got was transfering one contact but it wouldnt save and then the bluetooth disconnects. iv put lots of hours into this and like u i really need this to work coz i commute alot of miles everyday. love the phone but maybe i should of got the Galaxy S4 instead to save all this hassle. let me know if u have any luck

i have got them to pair a good few times, i read if u root your phone it might work but i dont know how to root 

Edited by pop

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a 2012 Yeti Urban (no idea what Bluetooth version it is) with the Belaro system (not sure if that makes any difference) but having some MAJOR issues with the bluetooth. My partner has a Sony Xperia from @2 years ago and I had a HTC Sensation XL that both worked perfectly with both my previous Yeti (2011 Yeti Ambition) and my current Yeti.

However, I changed my phone to the Xperia Z and having no end of issues. It connects alright and creates a new profile for the phone, then takes an age before it tells me "Connection Not Possible" to the meda player (which is fine - don't use it)  So the phone and bluetooth play along happily until I restart the phone. Then both the phone and the Yeti decide they don't know each other at all, and I have to re-pair them both and it creates a new profile. Obviously after 2 days, I need to delete all the profiles (even though they are all called "Xperia Z" which confuses the Yeti altogether and freezes the whole system if I try to delete them, so have to rename them, then delete them.

Then the whole thing starts all over again. Since all this started, I've noticed the radio has come on a few times without the touch-screen activiated, just left with a blank screen, have to switch the radio off and on again to get the "Welcome on Board" message. Not sure if I've messed up the whole system on the Yeti with this new phone! Have tried a factory rest on the menu in the Yeti as well, no luck :-(

Any ideas?

• 8 months later...

Can anyone confirm what is the correct part number of the bluetooth unit I need as a replacement for the one in my 2009 Superb Elegance (with the Columbus head unit) in order for it to work with iPhone 5S ?

Can anyone confirm what is the correct part number of the bluetooth unit I need as a replacement for the one in my 2009 Superb Elegance (with the Columbus head unit) in order for it to work with iPhone 5S ?

I'm sure this is the one you need

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271473907930&alt=web

The link doesn't seem to work, but stick this part number into eBay

3C8035730D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by bubba

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried connecting my iPad mini to my Bolero in my Yeti so that my Freesat can be heard in the car.

It won't connect with bluetooth so I tried a wired connection using aux-in socket and a jack lead and that won't work either.

My main dealer couldn't, help and contacted Skoda Technical who totally misunderstood and said my Yeti didn't have sat nav fitted (doh!)

The car display on bluetooth says connected but I have no sound via the car and the ipad sound is also mute.

My ipad connects in my friends Toyota.

Is an iPad mini compatible with Skoda?

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm wondering the same thing:( 

I just bought a 2009 elegance with a columbus unit. my iPhone 5S won't connect. I need to understand all this talk of RSAP and HPP??? or why the iPhone has a problem in connecting? In the other posts here people talk about a unit you can buy on eBay to simply swop out to all the iPhone to connect. Did you get to the bottom of this yet? thanks, John. 

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm wondering the same thing:( 

I just bought a 2009 elegance with a columbus unit. my iPhone 5S won't connect. I need to understand all this talk of RSAP and HPP??? or why the iPhone has a problem in connecting? In the other posts here people talk about a unit you can buy on eBay to simply swop out to all the iPhone to connect. Did you get to the bottom of this yet? thanks, John. 

Hi there, I can supply the correct bluetooth unit, which would work with Iphone and all new phones. Straight swap with your old unit.

Hi Guys,

FYI, I eventually took the plunge and bought this , NEW 2015 VW SKODA SEAT BLUETOOTH WI-FI HOT SPOT MODULE 3C8035730E.

It works perfectly.

The eBay seller I bought from is maeik-maeik and it was a great experience. No issues. The box simply plugs in under the seat, Job done. No programming, etc. hope this helps,

John

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 20/05/2017 at 11:34, guitarman001 said:

I've got a Nexus phone but I can't seem to connect.. it's not finding it. 

You might want to add exactly which nexus phone you have and the year/model/spec of your car :)

• 9 months later...

Just bought a2016 Mk 111,  1.2 tsi SE and my new phone Huawei Honor 9 Lite wouldn't connect.

For those who didn't see my previous thread, this is what I did.

On Phone go into settings,  " about phone" tap a few times on "build number" screen appears, scroll down to "Developer Options"  then activate "USB Debugging" 

After doing this, my phone which on so many site was considered 'not compatible' has worked absolutely fine and I am using both Android Auto and Wade, though Wade does seem to be slow around here, so mainly I use AA with Google Maps.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but hope it helps someone.

Harry

Edited by horkin
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 30/04/2018 at 13:36, horkin said:

Just bought a2016 Mk 111,  1.2 tsi SE and my new phone Huawei Honor 9 Lite wouldn't connect.

For those who didn't see my previous thread, this is what I did.

On Phone go into settings,  " about phone" tap a few times on "build number" screen appears, scroll down to "Developer Options"  then activate "USB Debugging" 

After doing this, my phone which on so many site was considered 'not compatible' has worked absolutely fine and I am using both Android Auto and Wade, though Wade does seem to be slow around here, so mainly I use AA with Google Maps.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but hope it helps someone.

Harry

Brilliant.

Just got a new Xperia XA2, and could not get call list or contacts to transfer to the car.
Followed the trick above to become a 'developer', and changed the Bluetooth down from version 1.4 to 1.3. Now have contacts and call log.

Thanks.

29 minutes ago, NigelC95 said:

Brilliant.

Just got a new Xperia XA2, and could not get call list or contacts to transfer to the car.
Followed the trick above to become a 'developer', and changed the Bluetooth down from version 1.4 to 1.3. Now have contacts and call log.

Thanks.

Pleased it helped. System does work well when up and running.

Harry

• 4 years later...
On 03/04/2008 at 19:24, dr_wamohsen said:

after sending an email to skoda contact service and asking for the compatible bluetooth phones with the original inbuilt bluetooth car kit in my octavia 2007, they send me the list which is attached here and i thought it might help.

Kopie - 080320_Seznam_BT_ Telefonu-eng.zip 8.15 kB · 1,344 downloads

Can you let me know if you have been able to connect an iPhone to your car stereo. I’m having problems connecting mine. Or my mates to his car stereo. Either of our   The phones don’t pick up the stereo. And I’m looking for some help here. It’s the skoda auto bolero with mp3 compatibility. As pictured below.

IMG_6006.jpeg

On 23/07/2008 at 11:39, madfiddler said:

Further to the above, based on my own personal experience I can provide further details regarding compatability of some Blackberry handsets and a couple of others.

In order to be 100% compatabile with the bluetooth kit a handset needs to support RSAP (Remote SIM Access Profiles). At the time of writing Blackberry (and also iPhone) do not support this mechanism for security reasons.

Even without RSAP capabilities your handset may still function to some degree.

Blackberry Pearl 8100

• This handset is NOT 100% compatable with the bluetooth kit.
  • Making and recieving calls is supported and works in conjunction with the multi-function steering wheel when coded to initiate voice activation.
  • Phone book download from phone memory (or connected contacts via BES) is supported
  • Call logs are NOT downloaded to the kit. Some documentation states that only calls made and recieved when the handset is connected to the bluetooth kit will appear in the call logs. However this is not the case - all call logs remain empty. This is due to this particular Pearl model having an older implementation of the Bluetooth protocol stack compared with the 8120/8130.
  • If you are also connected to the Columbus/MFD3 head unit, all functions except display of the network provider are supported.

Blackberry Pearl 8120

• This handset is 100% compatable with the bluetooth kit.
  • Making and recieving calls is supported and works in conjunction with the multi-function steering wheel when coded to initiate voice activation.
  • Phone book download from phone memory (or connected contacts via BES) is supported.
  • Call logs are downloaded to the kit. Some documentation states that only calls made and recieved when the handset is connected to the bluetooth kit will appear in the call logs. However this is not the case - all call logs are synchornised with the handset and you will see these downloaded prior to the phone book when connecting your handset for the first time.
  • If you are also connected to the Columbus/MFD3 head unit, all functions except display of the network provider are supported. (works on rare occasions)

Samsung G600

100% compatible with both the bluetooth kit and Columbus/MFD3

Sony Ericsson K750i

100% compatible with both the bluetooth kit and Columbus/MFD3

hi I’m interested in your response above. Are you able to enlighten me further on the . RSAP (Remote SIM Access Profiles). As I’ve not heard of that before. I’m interested in this as I also have an iPhone. As I understand it that’s not compatible. “ going by others on this forum “  Although I’ve seen loads of YouTube videos of people connecting the latest iPhone. To the newer version of stereo. With steering wheel controls. It’s doing my head in that something that’s supposed to be so simple. Such as connecting any iPhone by Bluetooth. Is turning into a bloody nightmare. I’ve included a picture of the stereo.

IMG_6006.jpeg

On 04/12/2008 at 20:43, VRStu said:

This link is no good. all it does is take you to another useless link. That has nothing to do with skoda.

http://www1.octavia-vrs.com/?backfill=0&domainname=0&searchbox=0&subid4=651bfac737b9ef6fac425d63

@Keyfixer - you're trying to use some very very old info. This thread hasn't been touched for 4 years and most the folk you've quoted haven't been on the site for 10+ years. Unfortunately, http://www.octavia-vrs.com/ shut down long long ago too...

Lets start with some basics. Your profile states you have a 2002 Polo but that very much looks like an early MK2 Octavia. What have you actually tried to do, stating "The phones don’t pick up the stereo" isn't super informative or useful.

As standard, that age of Bolero doesn't include BT. Instead, it uses a separate module that's normally fitted under the front passenger seat. Please can you check for such a module and add a picture of the label.