Skoda Bluetooth Phone Compatibility

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

any one got any news on the I phone 4 compatability???

I have an iPhone 4 and can confirm it doesn't work with my 59 plate FL Octavia with BTIII phone prep.

Phil

Hi

Does the Apple iPhone 3GS work with full compatability?

I had a iPhone 3G and that didn't either. I am reading though that the new build Octy's are fitted with what they're calling BT III+ or enhanced BT III and these work with all phones. I so need the part number of the BT unit so I can upgrade mine.

Phil

No iphone (1g,3g, 3gs or 4g) will work with rSAP. And there is no app for it either (guess the apple commercial is wrong with.....there's an app for that slogan).

No android phone either for that matter.

rSAP is a Nokia patented protocol. And very few other brands support is.

Most OEM bluetooth modules fitted today only support the rSAP protocol. You have to look for the Fiscon or The mobridge. They support HFP and 99% of bluetooth capable phones will work with those BT modules.

The downside is dat SMS in de maxidot / columbus display do not work. And that you'll loose some audio quality because you do not use the internal GSM chip of the car and the external antenna.

I am really confused :think:

I borrowed a friends iphone 3gs yesterday afternoon, connected it with my VRS Stu installed kit, and it fully integrated perfectly, downloaded the complete phonebook, recent calls etc etc. Very clear speech, no echo etc. Absolutely spot on

With mine which is a 3GS so exactly the same model, it pairs ok, works perfectyl well for calls, but the phonebook downloads with gobbledygook symbols :(

There must be a way to get it to fully integrate, as my mates did yesterday.

Anybody got any ideas? I am thinking it must be something to do with the way contacts are added to the iphone?

Any help greatley appreciated.....

My 3GS works fine, but all contact data is sync'ed with Outlook not entered directly onto the phone - have you tried a full Restore via iTunes?

What happens is you remove all the contacts from the phone, and then add a couple of new ones first directly onto the phone and then via Outlook or similar?

Wich OS version are you running on your 3GS. perhaps he has an newer version:wonder:

That could explain the difference. Otherwise i would suggest an restore from itunes. Your BT module is correct since your friend can connect without any problems.

So it must be your phone of software.

My 3GS works fine, but all contact data is sync'ed with Outlook not entered directly onto the phone - have you tried a full Restore via iTunes?

What happens is you remove all the contacts from the phone, and then add a couple of new ones first directly onto the phone and then via Outlook or similar?

I suspected it might be something to do with this.....

So really what you are saying is I need to load all my phone contacts onto outlook, then delete all contacts on the ihpone and then sync it though itunes?

UPDATE!!!!

My i phone 4 will work with the bluetooth kit but will not download phonebook only funny symbols

but when I receive a call that persons name comes up on the maxidot screen

Exactly what I get with my 3GS

I have done the following:-

Full restore through iTunes - and not loaded backed up information

Synced all contacts with Google Mail, prior to full restore, and then loaded all contacts onto phone as new through google mail (dont have outlook)

Reset factory settings on RNS510

Paired phone after factory restore.

Still no phone book :thumbdown:

Edited by Silverware

• 3 weeks later...

Got this from a car dealer, only that I'm not yet to what models that first tab's "Octavia II FL PRNR; 9ZU; Superb II PRNR; 9ZG" refers to.

This is the premium kit (rSAP only). There are other kits available. It seems that the data is not yet updates and the dealers know little about this.

Thats why i ordered an moBridge BT kit.

I have heard some people say there iphone works with the latest kits installed. As of production week 22 the standard BT kit should be changed to one with the HFP protocol.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I recently purchased the HTC Desire which updated to android 2.2. I’m having issues with the Bluetooth connecting with OEM hands free (Belero Head Unit) in my Skoda Yeti.

The phone has paired without a problem. When I drive off the phone sync’s within 30 seconds but after about a minute it drops the connection and won’t reconnect. I took the handset back to the suppler, who replaced it.

I’m getting the same performance from the second phone. Any idea’s what may be wrong, your help will be appreciated.

Cheers

Ray

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks!

My 3GS works just fine as a phone to the Bolero in my Superb (-10), the whole phonebook loads and I can do all what's said in the handbook with the phone via the touchscreen. But shouldn't the Bolero and the 3GS be able to connect via BT Ad2p?!

I only have AUX-in in the car so getting the Ad2p up and running would be really nice :)

Any ideas?

//Johan, Sweden

How do I know which version of Bluetooth phone preparation I have in my car. I have a MY11 Octavia Scout and we have a factory fitted phone preparation. Once I know which type I have I can then find out which phones are compatible.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks!

My 3GS works just fine as a phone to the Bolero in my Superb (-10), the whole phonebook loads and I can do all what's said in the handbook with the phone via the touchscreen. But shouldn't the Bolero and the 3GS be able to connect via BT Ad2p?!

I only have AUX-in in the car so getting the Ad2p up and running would be really nice :)

Any ideas?

//Johan, Sweden

A2DP on my iPhone 4 and my wife's 3GS requires there to be something actually streaming BEFORE selecting the Media button.

Once you select Media, the music just plays as normal through the car.

in the Case of TomTom on the iPhone, just press the "Speak" button (lower left hand corner) and then IMMEDIATELY press the Media button on the Bolero. Then it sticks and all further voice instructions stream through the car audio

Hi Folks!

Any ideas?

//Johan, Sweden

Do you have to enable it in the maxidot? and then follow davehutches instructions.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...