The old hesitation after remap problem

I know this problem has been covered a thousand times but i have not found a definte answer yet.

Got my car back yesterday after a remap and have noticed a hestitation most noticable in forth and fifth. The car seems to hold back then surge then hold back again before returning to normal.This happens when i floor it and it picks up through the rev range, it has started since the remap.

There are no fault codes and on the whole the car seems loads faster.

There is just this slight problem.

I would prefer to keep the car as close to standard as poss with regards to dv's, anyone with any ideas?

Thanks

Cheers chaps,

So is there a way to replace standard dv but with keeping genuine parts in mind?

Also with my car having a 2.5" turbo back exhaust do you think this would affect the boost more than standard?

Cheers chaps,

So is there a way to replace standard dv but with keeping genuine parts in mind?

Also with my car having a 2.5" turbo back exhaust do you think this would affect the boost more than standard?

Have a look on the US MKV forum, understand you have a MKI Octy but you may be interested to know that the TFSI engine has similar issues..........they also link to MKIV forums so will be worth a look..

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com - Powered by vBulletin

Hope this helps.....:)

• Like 1

I don't think its turbo lag, because it accelerates, then slows, then goes again, almost as if it thinks i'm going to boot it, then decides i didn't want to after all.

isn't Turbo lag the time spent waiting for the turbo to spool up after you boot it?

Having searched and searched i think the general idea is you need to replace the standard Dv with an uprated one to cope with the excess pressure.

Many mapping companies seem to recommend replacing the DV when you have the car remapped too as the standard cannot cope with the extra turbo pressure.

Would it sound right that the old standard diaphragm Dv i have maybe fluttering/struggling a bit when i change gear causing the hesitation/surge?

I have this same problem with my car and am not sure what it is. Mine isn't remapped though. It happens mainly in second gear say I put my foot down from 40 - 70 mph the turbo kicks in then seems to backs off about 2-3 times it all happens very quickly

i had the same fault after my octy vrs was remapped,i already had an uprated dv on mine,i have done away with my n249 valve,its still connected electrically to keep ecu happy,but i have re routed vacum pipes to bypass,its not cured the hesistation completely but its loads better,plus the dv reacts a lot quicker,people will tell u not to bypass it,with the n249 in place the ecu has the option if it senses too much boost to open the dv will on throttle,but it can cause the problems ur having.

What would you hint at the issue being mr superted?

Have a look here, this issue has been covered on US MKV and MKIV forums and the link here is for a fuel pump upgrade.

In my opinion it is this that is causing the issue here, especially after remap. My opinion for what it is worth.

BSH is now taking pre orders on the Autotech Fuel Pump - VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

I have this same problem with my car and am not sure what it is. Mine isn't remapped though. It happens mainly in second gear say I put my foot down from 40 - 70 mph the turbo kicks in then seems to backs off about 2-3 times it all happens very quickly

Thought of replacing the N75 valve? - this controls the boost pressures.

Or it might be an intermittent fault with your coil packs.

What DV are you using? If standard it could just be that - that is fooked and causing the problem.

I've had mine for a while too.

I'm tempted to just replace the n75 valve and dv and see if it sorts it.

Then again that's £200 chucking away. I've got a stratmosphere DV in at the moment thats new .. but it only started happened a while after that was installed.

It's annoying :(

I've had mine for a while too.

I'm tempted to just replace the n75 valve and dv and see if it sorts it.

Then again that's £200 chucking away. I've got a stratmosphere DV in at the moment thats new .. but it only started happened a while after that was installed.

It's annoying :(

£200!! :eek: you can get a new n75 valve for £35.00, and a standard dv is not much more, if i was you id go back to a standard dv if your car is not remapped.

Have a look here, this issue has been covered on US MKV and MKIV forums and the link here is for a fuel pump upgrade.

In my opinion it is this that is causing the issue here, especially after remap. My opinion for what it is worth.

BSH is now taking pre orders on the Autotech Fuel Pump - VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

If it were the fuel pump surley you would get starvation problems at the high end of the rev range when you get most bhp wouldn't you?

Mine happens when you change up gear,its as if something wasn't reacting properly to the change in turbo pressure.