The old hesitation after remap problem

The n75 is shown in the pic you posted earlier.to the right of the dv with a electrical connector plugged into it.It looks like it has a jubilee clip on it.Has it already been replaced as they usually come with crimp clips on as standard?

No idea mate, I'll take a proper look tomorrow and see what clips it has on it. No idea it was there.

I've got a bit of spare time before work tomorrow morning so might change the DV and go for a little run and see if theres any difference.

For some reason I think it'll make a difference? It's only been since having that fitted and maybe a tweak or two ;)

No idea mate, I'll take a proper look tomorrow and see what clips it has on it. No idea it was there.

I've got a bit of spare time before work tomorrow morning so might change the DV and go for a little run and see if theres any difference.

For some reason I think it'll make a difference? It's only been since having that fitted and maybe a tweak or two ;)

Good luck

Ok so after about 20 minutes of finding something suitable for getting the "one time" clips off I give up!

Can't find anything small enough to get down there, and the pipe looks pinched on one side so I don't want to try and get something down there and damage the pipe :(

How annoying!

Well....

I've change the dv over, the bosch one is def a bit quiter.

As for the surging, it didn't surge at all with the bosch and if im honest seemed a bit smoother.

It almost feels like the stratmosphere is too "harsh". Going to test it tomorrow (60 miles round trip to work) and see if it's any better.

If it is, i'll probably sell my strat on ebay and get a forge.

The bosch looked pretty dry and crack, lets hope it doesn't die in my day or two of testing!! :P

Yea, saw the 007 and assumed it was forge.

£100 from forge, which one is best? 007 or 006?

I think the key might be the spring strength. Also going to clean the TB and see if that's also slightly making a difference.

Wonder how much i'd get for mine on ebay...

I think it'd work on a car that isn't remap'd fine and it must have it's standard spring in (didn't get any others).

Yeah, does not say its a Forge, though looks like one, £48 from Hong Kong think i,d by a proper one from a reliable Forge dealer though.

I think the forge 007p ones have a nut style top so you can replace the spring with a spanner.

In my case lots of damn allen key bolts.

I would get the 007p as my FMDv006 is a sod to fit under the cover

I think the forge 007p ones have a nut style top so you can replace the spring with a spanner.

In my case lots of damn allen key bolts.

I would get the 007p as my FMDv006 is a sod to fit under the cover

Cool, the 007p has 3 springs as well which I think is going to make a big difference. Can test each one and see which one suites my driving the most I guess.

What do you mean replace the spring with a spanner?!

£106 delivered :(

Going to have to sell my stratmosphere before I buy that and just hope my bosch holds up!!

Bit cheaper Find Forge 007P Recirculating DV DumpValve VW Audi Seat 1.8T on eBay within, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 24-Nov-07 20:01:18 GMT)

Are you sure it comes with the springs?

I have the set of 4 springs and spacers but had to buy them separately.

Look at the pic of a 007p and you will see the nut style top.

No idea, just assumed they came with the springs.

Where can I get them if they don't?

Ethos

The Forge 007P DV, I just fitted was supplied with a green spring.

I spoke to a very helpfull bloke at Awesome who runs a 340bhp 1.8T and he also uses a 007P fitted with a the green spring.

If you go too strong with the spring then you might get surging/jerking when lifting off the throttle.

PS. If you do get a Forge 007P, dont use a spanner to tighten the top cover, just tighten it by hand :thumbup:

:iagree: Don't tighten with a spanner.

When i got my FMDV006 it came with a blue spring which is a very strong spring. This does give a very slight boost over run. My new spring set should be here any day now though. :D

As in my previous post. When i got my FMDV006 it came with a blue spring which is a very strong spring. This does give a very slight boost over run.

Also for a remapped car forge recommended a green or yellow spring.

Ah, I get ya!

Seemed alot smoother this morning on the way to work, alot smoother. I think it could just be down to the spring that's in the Strat DV, but I can't get the top off and not sure if they do other springs. Think i'll be best off getting the 007p! :)

Got ya n75 yet?

Do you think we should get a room? :rofl::thumbup:

I think mine boosts at just over 16psi so green might be ok anyway, just thought i'd play around a little bit. Maybe green with one spacer or something!!

Mmmm... thats just what I'd been thinking.

As you already know I did some comparison tests with the std Bosch & Forge DV, and one of the tests I did was to see what pressure each DV would lift @ with Pressure supplied only from the turbo boost inlet side.

The std bosch DV lifted @ 6.5 psi and the Forge 007P DV lifted @ 5.5 psi, which does tend to indicate the 007P/green spring combo is slightly on the weak side.

But..... this is an unrealistic DV test, because what actually keeps the piston closed is spring pressure + boost pressure acting on the top side of the piston, supplied via what is normally refered to as the vacuum pipe.

Unfortunatley I dont have a boost gauge fitted to my car, but considering the way it accelerates with enough power to push you back in the seat and bring on the ASR light even in third gear :D I think the 007P/green spring set up is actually working quite well :thumbup:

Ah, I get ya!

Seemed alot smoother this morning on the way to work, alot smoother. I think it could just be down to the spring that's in the Strat DV, but I can't get the top off and not sure if they do other springs. Think i'll be best off getting the 007p! :)

Got ya n75 yet?

Do you think we should get a room? :rofl::thumbup:

Ethos is your car problem that when you let throttle out it over boosts and carrys you forward a little? or that when you accelerate in say 5th you get a foot down then foot off jerking action?

N75 should be here any day now.

p.s Swmbo would not like us to share a room :finger::D

It's two things really;

Sometimes it will overboost and sometimes between say 2500-3000rpm it's just really jerky. With the standard DV is it smoother, again I've got a feeling it's to do with the spring in the stratmosphere. Fine for standard boost, but maybe needs tweaking/changing for more. I mean 16psi is 7 psi more than standrd so a fair bit in something that small.

It doesn't happen ALL the time, but is def something I want to get sorted.

I've ordered a 007p with a green and yellow spring and a couple of spacers so should come soon. Will see how that changes things.

Soo... for anyone interested I have £95s worth of stratmosphere DV here, ideal for a standard car.. How much is it worth second hand do you reckon?

Would put it on here but £12 to put it on seems a bit steep, might try ebay?

Tbh it might not even be that I'm just keen on playing around with the springs etc.. and the Forge support is awesome!!

:thumbup: