2003 Skoda Fabia 1.2htp (55bhp) reversing lights not working

delh68

Hi all,

Have used the search facility, & have eliminated the fuse & the bulbs from being the problem ~ they are fine.

I have a 2003 Skoda Fabia 1.2 htp 55bhp classic

There is mention of a switch on the gearbox on previous threads, but i have had a look & all i can see is a sort of spring contraption that moves when reverse is engaged.(no sign of a switch at all:()

Anyone with any opinions?

Thanks

Delh68

there will be a plug and switch somewhere on the gearbox for the reverse lights , when you find it , disconnect the plug and bridge the 2 connectors in the plug with a paper clip , make sure it doesn't touch anything metal , then turn the ignition on , if the lights now work , its deffo the switch which is faulty

there will be a plug and switch somewhere on the gearbox for the reverse lights , when you find it , disconnect the plug and bridge the 2 connectors in the plug with a paper clip , make sure it doesn't touch anything metal , then turn the ignition on , if the lights now work , its deffo the switch which is faulty

Thanks ~ i'll have a good look when it's daylight

Delh68

The switch should be on the front of the gearbox casing

Being a bit useless with cars:eek: (bit willing to have a go!)~ would that be under the car / bonnet or inside??

Thanks for everyones' replies

Once this is sorted i've got to do my rear door seals (leaking), & the front passenger side seat belt (not retracting)

Delh68

under the bonnet, but it maybe only accessible from underneath with the undertray off (if fitted)

seat belt not retracting could be from the water ingress from the rear doors , the belt swells up slightly when damp and is then slow to retract

under the bonnet, but it maybe only accessible from underneath with the undertray off (if fitted)

seat belt not retracting could be from the water ingress from the rear doors , the belt swells up slightly when damp and is then slow to retract

If it stays dry, i'll have a look tomorrow:)

Thanks for the useful information

Delh68

• 1 month later...

Finally got round to having a look at this ~ the wires have sheared off right at the base of the plug, so i'm going to have to do some re-wiring :( & get some bits from the dealership when they re-open

Delh68

• 3 weeks later...
Finally got round to having a look at this ~ the wires have sheared off right at the base of the plug, so i'm going to have to do some re-wiring :( & get some bits from the dealership when they re-open

Delh68

All sorted for the princely sum of £4 (new plug & cable) from the local VW dealer:P

(Although i did end up buying a reversing ligh switch for £9 as well, as i thought it was that at first!

Thanks to everyone for your help

Delh68

• 2 years later...

Hi, I have the same problem but cant find the location of the reverse light switch,

I have already bought the replacement part and have even lifted the car up and even removed the gear stick damask I cant fint the location of the switch please help me!

Hi, I have the same problem but cant find the location of the reverse light switch,

I have already bought the replacement part and have even lifted the car up and even removed the gear stick damask I cant fint the location of the switch please help me!

Side of the gearbox, just below the gear change selector assembly.

• 2 years later...

Hi guys very useful website and has helped me so much, I'm having the same problem with the reverse light.. It suddenly stopped along with the brake lights but the brake switch I fiddled a bit and managed to get 2/3 lights working.. So I'm useless with cars! Any help with the reverse lights in detail because I didn't understand much above. Where shall I start?