octavia fuses / fusebox

hi, ive been sent here from somewhere else.

anyway,

basically ive got one with an electrical leak. some bright spark (maybe me, maybe not) pulled out all the fuses.

anyway the diagrame in the book is lhd and nothing like the actual box.

we can i get the right diagram?

the skoda diagram

Image135-1.jpg

the actual box

Image133.jpg

my diagram

Image134.jpg

engine cover

Image136.jpg

top left to right:

in the skoda diagrame numbers go

5    9
1  3   6   10
2  4   7   11   etc

where as the numbers on the actual car go

20    16     12
21    17     13
22    18     14
23    19     15     etc

also the numbers in the bottom section run differently.

ive been sent the link

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/octavia-i/fuse-box-layout/88051/

but none of the numbers on the car fusebox match up with the numbers in the book. i realise there 'mirrored from lhd to rhd, but none of the number functions add up (ie the wipers are 24 and not 21, or that full beam is 18 and 19, not 15 and 16).

help!!!!!

if anyone cares ive been sent from

octavia fuses - Talk Audio Forums

cheers. :thumbup:

anyone?

ive been sent

post-7293-1170281125.jpg

but the problem with the above is, that if you look at the top left on your photo where the 2x 15amp fuses are, they do the dip/low beam. if you look in the book (#17 and 18) they should be 10amps.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

What are you trying to do?, put the fuses back in your fusebox, except that you don't know which power fuse to put where?

Headlamp dipped beam is typically 55 Watt which will need a current of around 5 Amps continuously, if both were on the same circuit then the fuse would have to take 10 amps continuously, so for a single dipped beam use a 10 A fuse and for two running through the same fuse use a 15 Amp. The same applies to the main beam circuit. If you divide the watts by the voltage (typically 12 in a car) you will get the current Amps that is required.

The diagram is a mirror image, just reverse it.

Do xenon headlights have 15A fuses instead of 10A?

Or maybe whoever sent you the photo had uprated the headlight bulbs, blew the fuses so uprated them - a common thing a lot of people do. :rolleyes:

In any case just reverse the diagram and fit them back in that order, it is confusing though, how hard would it be for VAG to produce a LHD & RHD book?? :eek:

Thats why I'm asking, i know xenon only have a 35W 'bulb' compared to a 55W halogen, but they first have to power the ballast then they have to arc the lamp itself.

I seem to remember (on here i think?) somebody kept popping the 10A fuse after they had retro fitted xenons.

(mine run fine on the std 10A fuse though)

well the led is on,something wrong with the airbag i didn't mean the fuse for the led but for the airbag sistem.should be somewhere?i'm been to the garage be4 and it's been reset but after 50 miles it was on again sorry but i don't throw £25 everytime i pop in the garage and waste my time........i know also that i don't have an error code if i use the vga.com...what should i do cut off the led and good bye?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 5 years later...
On 11/8/2008 at 14:39, Jago said:

Hi

I managed to get a clear fuse box diagram with the numbers for all to see.

Hope this helps.

25425.attach

Very good thanks , unbelievable how hard it is to get a good pic of a OCti mk 1 fuse box.

• 2 years later...