Octavia 1.6 SR Engine

I went to have a look around a 1.6 Octavia with the SR engine in it yesterday, and looked under the oil filler cap to see it packed full of creamy "mayo" stuff. The garage said it was normal - is this right? :eek:

I haven't bought it, I was put off by a few other things as well. It was nice to drive, though looks like it will be a bit of a b**** to park when I do get one!

Richard as you already know I own a standard 1.6. And indeed mine does have abit of mayo under the filler cap. Which is usual this time of year for one I believe.

Also if it didn't warm up at all, would suggest the thermostat is stuck open, like mine. So the coolant is always circulating.

And believe you me, that they aren't hard to park at all, their size falls away. And don't forget they have power steering so it makes it alot easier!

I love my Octavia!

Cheers Craig, I probably need to find a better example than the one I saw at the weekend! It wasn't the best, it had the ECU light on, and brake lights on the dash on. The Interior was quite damaged in places, and it hadn't been looked after! I hope my local garage can find me a slightly better one, I did highlight the problems to them.