BRISKODA.net Community Guidelines
We want to make BRISKODA.net as enjoyable as possible for the majority of our members, Yet with thousands reading and hundreds posting every day, we of course need rules to help keep the place running smoothly and protect our broad range of users. So here are a few key pointers to take into account when using the forums. We have also adopted some simple posting guidelines to help you. Basically the most important thing to remember is: be kind and respectful to each other.
All information is the opinion of posters, not ours.
We have an amazing forum with a huge wealth of helpful information. Yet remember it's open to all, and sometimes messages are posted that are misleading or downright wrong; and while most users are helpful, there will always be a few bad apples. Don't rely on information being accurate or complete. If you do, it's at your own risk. Please do your own research before acting.
We can be liable for what you post.
This isn’t a ‘freedom of speech site’, as when you post something not only are you liable, but we can be liable too as the publisher once we have notice of it. So it's not a case of posting what you like; we can delete posts if needed,though of course our aim is to ensure legitimate information stays.
Posting is a privilege not a right.
This is a privately owned site. Posting is a privilege, not a right. Any inappropriate posts or any issues that take up a disproportionate amount of site resources or make it a worse place to be will be stopped at our discretion - with or without explanation. This site is free for everyone; when there are issues we pay to resolve them. And sometimes we need to prioritise spending money on the site, on other issues or on better resources.
Please be nice to all Briskodians.
Remember the prime aim is to help provide information and resources. If you don’t like someone, their situation, their question or feel they’re intruding on ‘your board’, then please bite the bullet and think of the bigger issue.
The guidelines listed below are expected to be followed by all members of the community. Please take the time to give them a read.
- 1. Selling or direct solicitation of ANYTHING in the general forum or by private message is not allowed and will result in the deletion of the post or topic. Repeat offenders will possibly lose their posting privileges. Please post your private items that you wish to sell in the For Sale section of the forum, but note that you must be Freedom member to do so and advertisments MUST include a selling price. If you have a product or service that you feel can benefit our community, contact us BEFORE you post! You will have the ability to refute the restriction but it is up to you to contact us.
- 2. Spamming/advertising in the general forums is not tolerated. Again, if you have a product or service that would be of interest to our members, visit our contact page and get in touch. We offer a variety of packages that can be of great benefit to your company.
- 3. No shameless promotions of other related sites or board wars. There is no problem with occasionally using the name of other sites or even posting a link to a pertinent thread from another site, but repeatedly referring to other related sites is considered “SPAM” and is not allowed. Please have the decency NOT to put links to them in your signature or to post or send private messages telling our members to come over to another related site.
- 4. Cross-posting is not allowed and can result in the deletion of one or both posts. Cross-posting is defined as posting the same information in two or more separate forums. We understand that some topics might fit into more than one forum. Please try to pick the most appropriate one and stick with it.
- 5. Respect is the name of the game. Do not flame, hound, badger, disrespect, or taunt ANYONE on the forums. If we feel a thread is getting out of hand we will close it or delete it. You can and very possibly will be banned if you continue this type of behaviour. This is on a case by case basis with experience where possible.
- 6. Vulgar language and offending material is not tolerated and if you violate this rule one time, you will be warned and if you do it a second time, you will be removed from the forums immediately. You will NOT have the ability to refute this.
- 7. You are not allowed to post URLs that lead to an affiliate program or that in any way earn you something. We consider you earning something if you have an affiliate ID, Website, or if you earn money from banner impressions or click-thru’s. If you feel that you have a service or product that the members of BRISKODA.net can benefit from, please contact us. The Administrators will make the final decision and will be the only one to post the URL etc. These posts will be deleted and you will be banned from posting. You will have the ability to refute the restriction but it is up to you to contact us. Personal eBay sales will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- 8. Illegal transactions/sites like warez, selling of personal information (i.e. credit cards, e-mail addresses), pornography, etc are not allowed in the forums and will result in the deletion of the post and the revocation of your posting privileges.
- 9. Anyone found posting excessive links to their URLs, or suspected of “sneaky” advertising, will be warned and possibly banned. We consider this a very broad rule and will be only followed out as a last resort for suspected actions. If you have a product or service that you feel can benefit our community, contact us BEFORE you post! We are implementing this rule in order to give our Moderators and Administrators more control over editing content. If you feel you have been wrongly accused please contact a forum Administrator as soon as possible with the details.
- 10. Moderators and Administrators have the final say in all forum matters. If you have a problem or a complaint raise it with them using Messenger, e-mail or the Report button - but NEVER in the forums. They will then take the appropriate actions. Bad mouthing, insulting and criticising an Administrator or Moderator decision in the public forum will be heavily frowned upon. Depending on the severity, appropriate action may be taken against the offending member(s).
- 11. Most of all….Have fun, drive safely and enjoy the site.
The rules listed above may be changed or amended at any time. These guidelines are here to give you a legitimate expectation of how the forum runs, but don't bind us.