Henrys (North) - Glasgow

DGW

• 2 years later...

Other members reminded me to post a dealer review here.

My 2013, 140 4x4 Yeti developed a worrying rattle which stopped on depressing the clutch pedal on Moday 10th of this month (it was not audible inside the car). I drove into Henry's with no prior warning and asked for an opinion. Ronnie, the technical came out, listened, and said don't drive it. Emma in reception got it booked in for earliest possible investigation, Donald the service manager came out to review the Warrantywise (extended warranty) paperwork and, on hearing no courtesy cars were available, authorised me to have/ use his car. On the Tuesday they had removed the gearbox and he invited me in to inspect the broken clutch and consequential damage to the gearbox. They dealt with all the authorisations and the parts came in early this week, the gearbox went off for rebuild and I collected the car on Thursday and was very pleased to find Sean had completed all the warranty documentation. I can only say superb service from their service team and also Warrantywise for prompt authorisation - also a goodwill payment from Skoda was obtained.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This dealership is absolutely useless, I contacted Bruce Henry to not contact and after having had to contact him directly on three occasions he assured me that I would not be contacted. Well guess what I got a call and email from them today. It looks like they are unable to do simple task and the director can not even keep there promises! Do not use this dealership they are worse than Arnold Clark.

• 2 months later...
On 22/10/2016 at 15:24, Grumpy Geaser said:

Other members reminded me to post a dealer review here.

My 2013, 140 4x4 Yeti developed a worrying rattle which stopped on depressing the clutch pedal on Moday 10th of this month (it was not audible inside the car). I drove into Henry's with no prior warning and asked for an opinion. Ronnie, the technical came out, listened, and said don't drive it. Emma in reception got it booked in for earliest possible investigation, Donald the service manager came out to review the Warrantywise (extended warranty) paperwork and, on hearing no courtesy cars were available, authorised me to have/ use his car. On the Tuesday they had removed the gearbox and he invited me in to inspect the broken clutch and consequential damage to the gearbox. They dealt with all the authorisations and the parts came in early this week, the gearbox went off for rebuild and I collected the car on Thursday and was very pleased to find Sean had completed all the warranty documentation. I can only say superb service from their service team and also Warrantywise for prompt authorisation - also a goodwill payment from Skoda was obtained.

Donald is a good guy. 

Emma has an unfortunate surname given the reputation dealers tend to have :D .

• 1 year later...

I'm so glad I read these posts before I went to Henry's. Nothing like lowered expectations to ensure that I left (relatively) happy. I did have to stifle a chuckle when I saw Emma's surname on her business cards. I was greeted somewhere between curt and rude in terms of manner ("take a seat... no, over there...") but they did seem to deal with things effectively enough. It was a hot day, I think they were short of a body or two as well, which doesn't help anyone's mood. I'll keep a watching brief, but I'm hoping I don't need any dealer support anytime soon. 

• 5 months later...

Have always found the service department to be very good.

However, when looking to order a new car I was told it would take 3 months to arrive. That wasn't the problem though, it was the fact they wanted me to place the order whilst refusing to give me a trade-in price for my old car until the new car arrived. 

When I said "you are effectively asking me to sign a blank cheque" they agreed with me and then could not understand why I was unwilling to do this.

I bought elsewhere.

• 7 months later...
On 01/10/2018 at 01:19, Trilogy said:

When I said "you are effectively asking me to sign a blank cheque" they agreed with me and then could not understand why I was unwilling to do this.

I bought elsewhere. 

Yes I wasn't hugely impressed with the sales dept when looking to change my car. Poor price on trade in price (when I eventually got the number) and no movement on a highish sticker price. I would only have been saving £3k buying a 2 year old Octy est compared to the same model new. Or less taking into account 2 free services from the PCP. So I bought a new Superb through DriveTheDeal instead. 

No complaints today.  Booked my Superb in today for first service. Mentioned on phone this was a day off so Donald suggested dropping the car at 0930 so I would be driving in after the rush hour. Did this and was asked when I wanted it back. They offered to get it done by 1230 which suited me as I could go and get a breakfast and a read at the paper rather than going to home and back.  It was ready by 1200.  All good to go with usual reports. No issues.  Nothing to pay as was covered by two free services from PCP

A small thing but many dealers seem to have a blanket drop the car off first thing policy. Suits anyone working in the area but nice to have the option of a later drop off and early pickup.  I bought a 1L bottle of oil to keep in the car for top ups. £10 which came with a free zip case to keep it in. A nice touch.

• 5 months later...

Tried to buy a car from this dealer, not that many cars in stock in price point - mainly nearly new or ex demo and some higher miles, very few DSG. Asked to source something but salesman didn't come back and I chased up. On a second visit dealt with a new salesman who was much better and found cars just outside budget, then an older car but at least he followed up. Overall dealership seemed good and would probably visit again or used for service, just a shame that stock was not better as they are main Glasgow dealer and I would have bought from them on confidence of service. Prices were not to far out for a franchise.

• 1 month later...

Just bought a car from them (230 fl 2017) and all was good. 

However there's a significant steering wheel wobble (noticed on test drive but assumed down to tyre flat spots as he said it was all checked), alignment was out and coolant low (on min - so gives me little faith in the 'Checks') 

Great up to the pt of sale. Emailed me post sale but seems was only a formality as didn't want to know or help in rectifying the above issues. 

Car's going back to get looked at under warranty (at my local SKODA 200 miles away), a week later. 

Edited by DC04R

• 1 month later...

Been a customer with Henrys for around 14 years and they used to be a really decent dealership but now they only care about what review you give them to skoda. God forbid you try and get warranty work done a few months before it expires, they will do everything they can to avoid helping you even though they have repaired the same issue before 😐. Even Arnold Clark Linwood is better than them now....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/12/2019 at 10:20, DC04R said:

Just bought a car from them (230 fl 2017) and all was good. 

However there's a significant steering wheel wobble (noticed on test drive but assumed down to tyre flat spots as he said it was all checked), alignment was out and coolant low (on min - so gives me little faith in the 'Checks') 

Great up to the pt of sale. Emailed me post sale but seems was only a formality as didn't want to know or help in rectifying the above issues. 

Car's going back to get looked at under warranty (at my local SKODA 200 miles away), a week later. 

Update - got back in touch with Henry's to rectify the ongoing issue that came with the car. I can completely recommend Keir at the branch, who was understanding, helpful and professional throughout.

He has restored my faith in main dealers and Henry's north. 

• 3 months later...
On 21/12/2016 at 22:03, Thedod said:

This dealership is absolutely useless, I contacted Bruce Henry to not contact and after having had to contact him directly on three occasions he assured me that I would not be contacted. Well guess what I got a call and email from them today. It looks like they are unable to do simple task and the director can not even keep there promises! Do not use this dealership they are worse than Arnold Clark.

Agree 100%  before buying the car they will do anything for you after you buy the thing they don’t want to know you, 

• 2 months later...

Just put my Ocatavia Vrs in yesterday. 2015 plate 40000 miles and yes you guessed it the dreaded waterpump. 550 quid to fix that and put a new timing belt on is standard I think. Should get my car back on monday will update