Although there isn't a lot of movement in the rear axle there is some and the anti roll bar acts as a spring to hold it straight and resist any flex.

It probably doesn't make a huge difference but paired with stiffer suspension etc it would.

Phil

then that's it

guet stiffer springs, and the center bar i see there ( i can tell is not a tube but a U shape metal) you can drill holes in a X and bolt on another steel bar, or solder it into place (but you have to solder the edges)

the way ARB are design and work are in conjuction with the cage or the engines body pushing up on the left makes the fuselage go down on the right (so there is a pivot system incorporated to perform the anti roll funtion) keeping the hole fuselage level (or slightly more level) since the design u set up doent incorporate a pivot or the car's body i'm highly skeptical, but to be honest, THIS IS MY CUP OF TEA< TRY STUFF EVEN IF IT DOENT SOUND LOGICAL jeje

dying to hear the road test

• 2 months later...

i have made up a rear beam with an R32 golf front ARB all mounts welded in place. just waiting for the rear stub axles off the corrado, then i can do the disc convertion at the same time.

then its just a case of bolting it up to the car and connecting the brake lines.

• 7 years later...

Thought instead of making a new thread i'd revive this old one.

Basically i have fitted a 27mm anti roll bar from a Mitsubishi l200 to the rear beam of my Felicia. I have done so in near enough exactly the same way as Tom originally did with the Tigra anti roll bar.

I used the Mitsubishi l200 ARB as it was the perfect shape, cheap and ideal thickness (my mk2 golf has a 28mm ARB fitted in the same way and it was the best thing i ever added to the car).

Photo is pretty poor sorry, had to crop most of it to get it below 4mb to upload!

20170302_105430.jpg

8 hours ago, nu99et18 said:

Photo is pretty poor sorry, had to crop most of it to get it below 4mb to upload!

While I admit the 4MB quota for attachments is small, you should learn a few basic things about keeping the size of an image low. For instance:

• keep the longest side of the image in the 1000 - 1500 pixels range
  • do not exceed a 100 dpi resolution
  • save the image as JPG with 80% compression

Your cropped image is 4012 pixels wide, has a resolution of 150 dpi, and has no compression.

You can achieve very good results using the best free image viewer/editor there is, IrfanView. Everybody should use it and learn how to do basic editing.

• Like 1

On 02/03/2017 at 11:24, nu99et18 said:

Thought instead of making a new thread i'd revive this old one.

Basically i have fitted a 27mm anti roll bar from a Mitsubishi l200 to the rear beam of my Felicia. I have done so in near enough exactly the same way as Tom originally did with the Tigra anti roll bar.

I used the Mitsubishi l200 ARB as it was the perfect shape, cheap and ideal thickness (my mk2 golf has a 28mm ARB fitted in the same way and it was the best thing i ever added to the car).

20170302_105430.jpg

Did any welding take place for this or is it "bolt up," to an extent?

Only bits that need welding are the tabs you make to go on the end of the anti roll bar with a 10mm hole in for the suspension bolt to go through.

Edited by nu99et18

• 2 months later...

@Jeggo don't know yet mate haven't drove the car since fitting it, been busy on the engine! 

But i will say fitting a big ARB to the rear beam of my Mk2 Golf made the world of difference.

I think it is from a Mk3, like this one 121792608875 (ebay item number)

27mm i believe, though i'm not sure if they came with different size bars so might be worth messaging the seller to measure the diameter.

Edited by nu99et18