octavia vrs fabia vrs

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting.

So your 0-60 figures will prove that it's quicker than a 130pd from 30-50 and from 50-70 in gear?

Also, will they prove it's quicker than a 130pd from 1,000 to 4,000 rpm (daily driving rpm)?

Finally, will they prove it's quicker 0-100 with 5 people and luggage on board?

Oh - I forgot, do they prove it's quicker pulling a caravan from 0-60?

Sprinting isn't the only measure of performance you know :D There is no way, unless I'm trying to kill the car, that I'm gunning it to 6,500rpm in every gear. And that's what you need to do to a 1.8T to get it to shift noticably faster than a 130pd. In fact, up to 4,000rpm it feels like there is something wrong with the boost on a 1.8T as you don't get the same shove in the back.

Greg.

You only need to look at the 0-60 figures to see who is the winner ;)

Now enough of this silly talk :mad:

And that's what you need to do to a 1.8T to get it to shift noticably faster than a 130pd. In fact, up to 4,000rpm it feels like there is something wrong with the boost on a 1.8T as you don't get the same shove in the back.

Which 1.8T are you comparing though.

If you have a Fabia you will say/ feel that its the fastest thing on earth.

Vice versa with the Octavia, lol.

The Octy is faster than the Fabia out of the box.

With a remap I dont think the Fabia will keep up still, but I'm always up for a play

Interesting.

So your 0-60 figures will prove that it's quicker than a 130pd from 30-50 and from 50-70 in gear?

Also, will they prove it's quicker than a 130pd from 1,000 to 4,000 rpm (daily driving rpm)?

Sprinting isn't the only measure of performance you know :D There is no way, unless I'm trying to kill the car, that I'm gunning it to 6,500rpm in every gear. And that's what you need to do to a 1.8T to get it to shift noticably faster than a 130pd. In fact, up to 4,000rpm it feels like there is something wrong with the boost on a 1.8T as you don't get the same shove in the back.

Greg.

I was replying to the op who asked:

tis faster than an octavia vrs especially off the line is this right?

I think that 0-60 quotes are as good as we are gonna get for unbiased figures.

When you go past 60mph in a diesel you would have to keep changing gear to get anywhere near the 1.8t, this costs you time. The petrol will keep pulling when the diesel has run out of torque, when they are in the same gears.

i know the op refers to the Fabia being remapped but does not comment on whether the octavia has been remapped so until we know this thread is pointless.

Edited by martziniuk

I've had both in 225bhp tune, The Fabia felt safer overtaking and the Octavia was a lot faster top end.

At that tune the Fabia averaged 40mpg and the Octavia 30mpg. In the real world I'd have the Fabia with an Octavia boot. Only reason I sold the Fabia was that it couldn't legally tow.

Haha I was waiting for that!!

The new Roomster vRS will be quicker though....

All hail the mighty vRoomster :D:D:D

Even the popemobile would make a furby vRS it's beeeehatch :D against a mk1 Octy, if the OP's mate / brothers sisters uncles cousin's grandaughters dog's second cousin tried it on with a Furby against and Octy then I would suggest they get some perverted sexual pleasure from looking stupid. :D

I'd keep your gay biker nose outta this one chuck, it could too hairy for for a gayer like you. :P:P

Feck off .... I am not gay any more, I am Roland Rat these days. Gayness will return though, I am sure (ducky) :D

my car s faster than a snail, it was when i was pushing it anyway :)

just little things now holding it up but hopefully i have sorted those out today as no one wanted to give me the info i needed for oil lines etc but i believe i got the last bits for that today :thumbup:

other than that the entire engine/transmission is sat there on a crate built up and waiting to get bolted in :)

Interesting.

Greg.

are you even allowed to tow a caravan with the Fabis vRS in the UK? poxy thing can't even do that right :P and as for 1000 - 4000 being daily driving revs...my **** :D

how is driving a diesel upto 4000rpm not thrashing it if driving a petrol upto 6500rpm is?

for gods sake people the numbers don't mean anything, is revving an F1 car upto 12k revving the nuts off of it? no!! if a car has a ~4500rpm red line then revving it to 4000rpm is taking it to 90% of its limit! 90% of a 1.8T's limit is about 6500rpm so its no sodding different!!

and if your 1.8T is doing nothing below 4000rpm then there's something wrong with it as a 150bhp 1.8T makes peak torque at 1500rpm or so as standard and holds it to about 5500rpm :)

how is driving a diesel upto 4000rpm not thrashing it if driving a petrol upto 6500rpm is?

for gods sake people the numbers don't mean anything, is revving an F1 car upto 12k revving the nuts off of it? no!! if a car has a ~4500rpm red line then revving it to 4000rpm is taking it to 90% of its limit! 90% of a 1.8T's limit is about 6500rpm so its no sodding different!!

and if your 1.8T is doing nothing below 4000rpm then there's something wrong with it as a 150bhp 1.8T makes peak torque at 1500rpm or so as standard and holds it to about 5500rpm :)

Chill out mate, your blood pressure is off the scale :)

Can you substanciate that claim :)

Oh yeah for sure!

normalroomster1nk2.jpg

Twin turbocharged 3.6l V6 with 4wd (imagine that!). Postman Pat should love his new van....

Only 400bhp though, so probably not as fast as a 1.9 diesel fabia!!

Chill out mate, your blood pressure is off the scale :)

my BP is perfectly fine thanks :thumbup:

it just bugs me when peopel think that 4k in a diesel isn't thrashing it yet 6000rpm in a petrol is, its not the numbers that count its the percentage of its range that counts:)

my BP is perfectly fine thanks :thumbup:

it just bugs me when peopel think that 4k in a diesel isn't thrashing it yet 6000rpm in a petrol is, its not the numbers that count its the percentage of its range that counts:)

No argument there bengie :)

Oh yeah for sure!

normalroomster1nk2.jpg

Twin turbocharged 3.6l V6 with 4wd (imagine that!). Postman Pat should love his new van....

Only 400bhp though, so probably not as fast as a 1.9 diesel fabia!!

Fabia/Octavia slayer all in one :)

• 2 weeks later...

saw this post a while ago just thought i wud stick in wot i found out at the weekend!

I run a standard mk1 vrs octy my mate has a standard furby vrs and both of us went head to head at santa pod rwyb last sat night.

Both of us had done practice runs and mine was runnin 95ron niether was stripped or otherwise prepped and both of us had drag raced before so knew the format!

My octy put in 16.3

My mates furby 16.2

In short very close race thought i got him as got better reaction time from the line but ultimately both these cars are close in acceleration top end the octy wud do a furby but i certainly would'nt put my money on a standard octy v a mapped furby and wud now think twice about like for like!

ps we both got away from the line pretty cleanly