Where to install gps antenna?

I'm about to install a new headunit with gps in my octavia. The gps antenna. Is there a particular place in the octavia where it'll get good reception? It'll have to go somewhere in the dash as the cable comes out the back of the hu but I'm sure there must be others on here who have done the same.

if its to do with the octy mk1 then i have put mine under the glove box under the dash on a pice of metal pole that runs along the dash! but!! i have been looking into relocating it to the roof with one of those shark fin areials cause there so big you can hide the attena under them and i think there on a mk5 golf!! of cours i havent had the time or money to complete this so its a working project, but good luck

p.s mine does work fine under the dash

I tried it under the dash but i wasn''t massively happy so I've run it from the hu along the dash, behind the a pillar trim and it now sits at the top of the windscreen. Shame I forgot to remove all the cds from the cd changer before I unplugged the original headunit :mad: