Parkview Skoda - Reading

DGW

• 1 month later...

My wife used these guys for our straight forward Fabia Vrs service, a good job done, reasonably priced and very well cleaned on collection

• 4 weeks later...

I took my car here as it sounded like it had no exhaust when the car was cold and was very loud when the turbo kicked in, although there was no power.

I told them of the problem and my invoice says "investigate poss turbo pipe come off". They read the fault codes, which turned up a faulty engine coolant sensor and they told me that this may not be the only problem but they would have to fix this before any more codes can be read.

I said that that isn't going to help the problem and the technician took the car for a drive and said he thinks the problem was that the faulty sensor was telling the engine that the coolant was -2 celcius and so it was overfuelling to compensate, and he could hear the engine knocking as a result, which was making the noise. I still wasn't convinced and asked if he had checked the hoses on the turbo and he said he had and that there would have been a fault code for low boost if there was a leak.

I asked them to fix the sensor and when this was done the technician said "it's stopped the knocking but I think the manifold may be leaking and that could be very expensive". I paid my £70 for the sensor and drove off with the exact same problem I had when I took it in there. They obviously never bothered checking if anything was loose around the turbo.

I took it to an independant garage and told them the same information. They tightened the bolts that connect the manifold to the turbo for free and problem solved.

I probably would take my car here to be serviced, as this may not be a typical experience, but I will definitely be checking to make sure they have done the work afterwards.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi

I had been on the lookout for a loweish mileage Superb SE 170 Estate for a few months and then saw one advertised via the used Skoda website at this dealers, which is some 60 miles from my home. Following a phone call on a Monday morning, I drove there and inspected and test-drove the car. I then concluded a deal with a trade-in of my then Mondeo, and collected the Skoda on the Friday. The whole experience was very welcoming and professional. I was happy with the deal and very happy at the professionalism and knowledge of the salesman, who was David Loynes. From my experience then, I am happy to recommend this dealer.

Paul R T

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to add my appreciation for Parkview Skoda.

The story is long (as with any story involving the delivery of a new Yeti!) and it is as yet unfinished, but along the way Parkview, in collaboration with Skoda UK, have really helped me out.

I ordered the Yeti in my signature in mid-August 2011 with a predicted delivery around early December (I knew this was only a finger in the air at the time). There were long periods of silence after that, with most contact being me chasing them about updated build dates and so on.

My problem was that the Yeti was to replace our Volvo V50, which was on a lease deal through the company I work for. This had to go back at the end of October, leaving me with a gap with no car. I knew this at the point of order though and went about sorting out a temporary replacement car. After considering long-term hire and buying a cheap beater I was on the verge of buying a clean-looking Rover 216 when I put a last minute plea on Facebook - "does anyone have a spare car??". A long-time mate of mine responded; he works for several months at a time in China and his car was sitting doing nothing until January - I could use it. Nice one! Once I'd sorted out a MoT and tax it was in my posession. Bonus was that it was a Mitusbishi Lancer Evo VIII MR FQ-320 :D .

Time rolled on, build dates got pushed back and the latest was week 3. My mate came back from China and I had to give his car back. When I knew this I contacted Ken at Parkview and said I would be carless again, thanks to the extended wait for the Yeti. He said if they had a courtesy car free then I could have it. At first, as the date came for the Evo to go back, Parkview had no cars available, so I contacted Skoda UK. They (Ben) looked into it and at first said it was the retailer's responsibility to help me out, but they'd look at my case. To his credit, Ben did just this and got back to me the same day - the delay to my Yeti was down to factory rescheduling which the retailer couldn't influence, so Skoda UK would pick up the cost of hiring me a car until my Yeti arrived. He contacted Ken at Parkview to make the arrangements.

In the end, when I got to Parkview to collect the promised car, a dealer courtesy car had become available, so right now I am using their Fabia 1.6 TDi and have it until my Yeti is delivered; Skoda UK are picking up the cost of collision damage waiver insurance so all I have to do is put fuel in it.

After a slow start, Parkview have really come through for me, and Skoda UK's customer service was outstanding. I still await my Yeti but am very happy with the Fabia (a surprisingly pokey little thing!).

Edited by weasley

• 6 months later...

My Yeti's been in three times for its services.

First time was pretty good, though they said they couldn't find the cause of the buzzing from the light switch.

Second time they still couldn't find the cause of the buzzing and "ran out of time" so left the brake fluid and air con unfinished.

Booked it back in to have these things done specifically, then on collection asked them to also replace a bulb and the front wipers. It came back with these done and a new rear badge - and a hefty bill - but still no brake fluid or air con work. The excuse was that it wasn't written on the job sheet (despite these being the only reasons it was originally booked in). No apology, no offer to sort it out, just an insistence that I call again to book it back in. I complained to Skoda UK and got an email a few days later from Parkview offering to do the remaining work at an unspecified discount, but at this point I can't help but feel they'd still not bother doing it and still wouldn't bother looking for the cause of the buzzing.

Not going back - they're convenient for work but not if the car has to go in three times to get a routine service done.

• 1 month later...

I took my Octy vRS in for its 36000 mile service and took advantage of the Yeti courtesy car they offered.

No issue with the service they carried out but the service guys questioned me about returning the loan car with 2miles less of fuel in it as when it left ie 62 miles showing on the display instead if 64 miles and having travelled approx 75 miles. I said i had put a tenner in and used that amount of fuel. He said i couldnt have. I kicked up a stink but he wouldnt budge and wouldnt let me speak to the Service Manager so i gave him £2 to bring the display up to 64 miles and left. I then got into my car and noticed they had travelled 4 miles so i went in and got my £2 back for the fuel they had used in my car. I managed to speak to the Service Manager who wasnt really interested and said i would inform the leasing company i have to use (as its a company car) not to use them again for the way i had been treated over the "2 miles".

My car is now 47000 miles so it will be interesting to see what the leasing company say when its next due its service.

So on my one experience with Parkview, Im out.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Bought a 14 plate MKS VRS Estate TSI, in Brilliant Silver last Saturday, 17 January.

Excellent service from the dealer, the salesman Ken really went out of his way to ensure I was happy.

Edited by waaar

• 3 months later...

I bought my Superb from Ridgeway recently. I had an extended test drive with no hassles, good discussion with Ian, and happy with the deal we came to.

They were very accommodating of my two little ones trying out all the different cars in the showroom for an hour or so the day before too.

Last Octavia was service there with them after Whitequay in Newbury closed down - no problems either, just as always didn't like the bills :)