Service Update Notices

Many members have reported receiving service update notices from dealers for their vehicles.

This thread's purpose is to list these notices, what the notice is for, and to allow members to decide for themselves whether urgent action is needed or not.

NOTE - these are not to be confused with a Recall Notice, which would be listed at VOSA - Vehicle Recalls. Recall Notices should be considered a safety issue, and booked in with your dealer urgently.

If you are aware of the details for a service update notice please reply and detail below in the following format so that moderators can tidy the thread, and place in order for others to quickly check.

Service update number/ref - date of SUK/tech advisement - model(s)/engines affected - brief details

EG (a made up example!):

1A2 - Dec 2008 - Octavia PD140 engines - ECU update to resolve missfire when idling

Please do not discuss service updates within this thread. Instead search for an existing thread regarding your service update reference number and/or issue. If no such threads exist, then create a new one listing the service update number/ref in the title.

Edited by gadgetman

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Not sure on the full details of this one, but a service campaign with mine was highlighted and carried out today whilst in for warranty work as Westover in Corfe Mullen, Dorset.

My car is a September 2008 PD140 Elegance DSG, and they basically replaced both front fog lights. Not sure of why though, except for the fact that the car had missed this for some reason and that they had not done any for a while, so I guess its an old one my car had missed.

• 4 months later...

I can't remember the service update notice numbers,but when I went for the oil change they told me about three of them.

1-some pieces from the common-rail injection system were producing a resonance,so the engine was noisy.They did it to my car and now it's very very quiet.

2-the tailgate locking system,where the automated locking system would not work properly and the boot would remain open.I never had this problem so they do anything about this one.

3- six bolts on underneath of the car were changed,not sure why tho.They were on the massive metal block that sustains the car body and connects the front wheels(not sure how it's called in english).

• 6 months later...

Some hope, after signing off the paperwork he brought the car around to the front, said 'do you know your car is dented'. We discussed this as I was not aware, and had used this door only 10 minutes before leaving it with them as I had just dropped my daughter off at the child minder. He then argued that it must be old as it has rust in it - the car is 3 weeks old, later a wipe with a cloth to remove the dirt reveals no rust. Then he walked away with an 'ah well, see ya!'. So I will not be in touch with Douglas Parks of Hamilton for anything ever again I'm afraid!

• 2 months later...

Infoschumi Posted

>Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:13

>I can't remember the service update notice numbers,but when I went for the oil change they told me about three of them.

>1-some pieces from the common-rail injection system were producing a resonance,so the engine was noisy.They did it to my car and now it's very very quiet.

Do you have anymore details on what was done. I have a noisy engine (drone) and despite many attempts and some dealers saying they can't hear anything, it remains the same. This sounds like a possible solution that I could discuss with the dealer.

Thanks

Mine has resonance, usually when the engine is cold it's most noticable and it's still there when warm, it's not noticable when up to speed, I usually notice it at low speed. Sounds like an update is needed!

I get this from 2000rpm to 2600 rpm so a real problem at 70 to 80, if I had the cash I would have let the car go, for now it's loud music. I am actually embarrased when I have a front seat passenger and hope they do not notice it. 56000miles now (in 2 years) CR170, I had hoped it would go over time.

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

This is a pleasure to be here (I'm not located in GB....)

I just bought 2011 Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI Elegance - great car but a little complicated for me.....

please help me to solve my 1st problem.

I just wanted to see the model of my Bi-Venon headlight bulb so I've took it out and write the details, after installing back and start the engine got a lot of warning lights and messages like I need to have a garage etc.

what happend ? how can I reset it all back without going into garage ?

will really appriciate your input.

Thanks,

Joseph :sweat:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Well the Drone/Resonance has eventually gone. How you may ask, I got rid of the car couldn't take it anymore, so my Skoda has cost me a fortune in depreciation, when I first saw the car I though it was a keeper, someone elses problem now. Sorry Skoda but the Superb may just be the last skoda I ever own, good all round car but the drone just drove me mad, surprised it took me so long.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Today Service campaign on software update to power steering. No idea what it is for however. I did ask, the dealer did not know either.

Got this done too on my 2012 registered 170 TDI SE. Steering feels a little firmer and more secure in the dead ahead position but possibly not as nice or maybe just different and I'll get used to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Some info on this update, to the best of my knowledge:

Service Update 48J8 Power Steering CU

Seems this is to correct a dash warning light remaining on too long after turning on the ignition, although I never noticed it so no big deal. BTW dealer did not know this. Found out after phoning Skoda UK.

Side effects: After the update my power steering had a different weight and feel. Turns out my car must have previously had the steering set to Sport Mode before I bought it which was over written by the update for the dash light leaving the car with the much heavier Standard setting. When I complained about the heavy steering post update the dealer (not realising exactly what had happened) was adamant that the update could not be reversed and I was stuck with it. A good dose of stubborn pigheaded "I'm not accepting this" behaviour resulted in a phone call to Skoda UK and a DIS. report being filed. Skoda UK then contacted technical in Milton Keynes who advised ref. sport mode etc and to cut a loong story short car is now back to the one I bought and loved. :clap:

Will start a separate topic about these adjustable steering settings as they are quite different and I imagine relatively unknown. :x

Edited by Stinker

• 4 months later...

Just had my MY2013 Superb Estate with electronic boot in for its second variable service and was informed that they would be carrying out a field service repair on the boot lid. Basically they are replacing the rear boot struts under warranty. The code is 55L1 if that means anything.

This only affects Superb Estates with the optional electronically opening boot lid.

Don't think it is a major issue.

• 3 years later...

On 1/15/2015 at 18:58, milesunder said:

Basically they are replacing the rear boot struts under warranty. The code is 55L1 if that means anything.

Great that you thought to post this. It could be very valuable information to members with the auto boot lid. Those buggers are very expensive to replace - so much so that people often convert to the regular manual struts when they have a problem and are out of warranty.   :thumbup:

Getting a new set for any reason should be welcome to anyone that has them - they all go south eventually.