Auto Door Locking

I know the original Skoda Superb could have the brains set to lock door automatically when reaching a certain speed 10 mph I think does any one know if the new style superb can have the same thing done.

SNOB

now run in and loving it !!!!!!!!!

yep. its in the set up on the maxidot display. its a simple check box. I turned it off as it annoys me. dont drive in cities much so not a worry. If it looks like its a dodgy area I simply lock the doors manually

I know the original Skoda Superb could have the brains set to lock door automatically when reaching a certain speed 10 mph I think does any one know if the new style superb can have the same thing done.

SNOB

now run in and loving it !!!!!!!!!

or should I have simply said RTFM ?!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hi - for me both these links go to the home page of the operating instructions. Having searched thro the index and the unlocking/locking section i have not founbd anything on automatic locking.:confused:

i pasted the exact page into the links but it does go to the home page as your say..

go to home page of manual

go to index

select L

select locking

select description

scroll down to auto locking

or look in the paper manual page 38 second column half way down "automatic locking"

I dont think I have that option on my maxidot?

You have an SE like me so you will have it, I am sure. It is in the MFD setup, under Convenience - Door Open. There is a setting for manual or automatic opening (locking0 and if you select manual then I think you get options of locking/unlocking only drivers door on first click of remote, or opening all doors

Thank you all sorted locks at 10 mph and unlocks on touch of door button or removal of key.

Thanks again.And now driving lights as well it just gets better.

SNOB

Another question from me.

The "auto close" functionality is clear to me now. But what about the "auto open" functionality? How does that work? Someone any clue?

i have always thought having the doors auto locked is very dangerous in an accident situation. If you drive off the road into a ditch and the doors are locked its harder for someone to get you out (unless the clever car knows , vie the airbag sensors or something, and unlocks the doors ?)

Hello JCB,

I understand that it is programmed in that the door will automatically open if the airbags are deployed.

`hence it is safe to use this function, I spend most of my time driving in London trust me with our immigrant and native social scroungers in London I feel much safer knowing that the doors lock without having to remember to do it.

SNOB now 2 weeks old with 3 thousand on the clock and I am still driving it with a huge smile on my face.:rolleyes::):D

• 1 year later...

Took delivery of my Superb II today, been playing with it all afternoon. Still cannot work out exactly HOW to sort this auto locking function. I have been into the MFD, read the manual, but I don't seem to get it. Please can someone help me?

I have set up the single door unlock when remotely unlocking the car, but cannot find exactly where or how to do the auto locking at 10mph.

Regards

SJ

Had this infernal system on my seat altea pain in the butt would never use it glad i have not got it phew as previous just lock it manually its easy finger push button i tell you what i like when your going hell for leather the lights come on automatically and its like moses parting the red sea .great success!